New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Newby: Allow Bravada here?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 07:56 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about
Default Newby: Allow Bravada here?

Only Bravada forums I can find are at Edmunds and they are useless, no one ever ANSWERS anything. Unlike the TBird forum TCCOA where everyone tries to help.

Recently forced to buy two cars at same time, one for wife. I'm a Ford guy but got nothing particular against GM. {Dayton area; whole family is retired GM!} Wife always wanted SUV, found sweet looking 99 Bravada in great shape and did my due diligence on it. Bought it on premise that I'd still be ahead if I had to put several thousnd into it.

Of course the 'Service AWD light' came on almost immed. I've changed the TC fluid per GM TSM with the proper lube. The crowhop improved greatly by doing that.
But once that was done the AWD service light is on constantly after starting any trip.

A good shop that I trust and with a good name told me to just ignore it, the truck drove normally and the binding feel on turn while backing remains, though I had the rear end serviced and inspected.

Any ideas? BTW wife loves the Bravada, and I do too.. except for the nagging service light.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:08 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Bravadas are welcome, as are you.

Find the appropriate section and post up everything you've experienced as well as any repairs/solutions you have tried so far.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:18 PM
BF Veteran

Thanks, I'll copy paste in appropriate section.
I've looked there using search but didnt find exact prob.

{This VBull layout is identical to TCCOA}

Old 07-31-2011, 10:08 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Welcome. We love Bravada's here! Er, well, at least I do, haha.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:26 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

I like the front clip and cladding!

Old 07-31-2011, 10:42 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to the forum also bravadas are cool but blazers are cooler =P Jokeing i think there the same

Old 07-31-2011, 11:23 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
Welcome. We love Bravada's here! Er, well, at least I do, haha.
Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
Bravadas are welcome, as are you.

Find the appropriate section and post up everything you've experienced as well as any repairs/solutions you have tried so far.
You want stories? Well aside from using shop to check out the truck before I bought it, the AWD issue and paying them to install a new Turn Signal SW {we Ford guys call it a Multifunction Sw} Because there were THREE OR FOUR Freakin options!!!! I havent taken a car into a shop for 15 years!

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
Welcome to the forum also bravadas are cool but blazers are cooler =P Jokeing i think there the same
Oh, yeah? If I'd brought a blazer home, the old lady would kicked my butt. First and last time she check drove a Blazer {1990} she hated it and ended up buying a Mustang convertible instead. She always gripes about the cheap seats when she has to ride in a Suburban or about any Chevy, incly the Lumina she drove for a year after her 95 Taurus died.

I told her the Bravada would be differnt.. and it is. She doesnt even want me to drive it unless we're together. She hasnt bitched about a single thing about it. Which could be worrisome.. dont want to miss anything that may be going wrong.
But she hears me remarking on the little things needing attention on my 93 bird and takes it the wrong way. Or she's afraid I'll make it a project like I did her stang.

Looks stock dont it! Only one in the world.

If you're interested here's all the cars I've owned and wrenched on, starting in the fifties.

Photos arranged in order

And yes I actually owned onna these:

Last edited by pettyfog; 07-31-2011 at 11:26 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:34 AM

She complains about Blazers, but not a Bravada...? Have you told her they're the same vehicle with a couple minor tweaks?

Old 08-01-2011, 07:42 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
She complains about Blazers, but not a Bravada...? Have you told her they're the same vehicle with a couple minor tweaks?

She's no dummy.. She'd come back with something like a Lawn chair and Lazyboy analogy.
It's those tweaks that matter.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:47 AM

Not really, haha. They're the same exact body and chassis, the only "tweaks" there are are in the transfer case (AWD vs selectable 4WD) and body cladding.

Quick Reply: Newby: Allow Bravada here?