New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Newguy!..'Twas weird how I got my 89 Blazer S10

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 07:59 PM
89BlazerOnDaytons is on a distinguished road
Default Newguy!..'Twas weird how I got my 89 Blazer S10

So I had just moved back to my hometown after completing my four years in the US Navy. I was walking to Walgreen's, which was a short walk from the college campus that I go to, when a parked black 1992 Ford Expedition for sale caught my eye. I wrote down the phone number and thought nothing of it until I called the number when I got home. The guy said to meet him at the shell gas station near Walmart. So my wife and I drove over there and I just happened to park next to a 1989 Chevy Blazer S10 4.3L that was also for sale. Well the guy showed up after about 15-20 minutes and there was no Ford Expedition in sight. This is where it got weird cause he said that his brother had the car and he didn't have a phone so there was no way for him to contact him to which I replied "He just told me he would be parked here."

Suddenly, he started talking about ANOTHER Ford Expedition they were selling for the same price and that he could take me to go look at it . This fool probably thought he could roll me in an alley or something. I ended up telling the guy not to waste my f#$%ng time and I called the number on the Blazer that we were parked next to and an older man came by shortly. He wanted 3000 but I took it off his hands for $2700. Ill post pictures once I get it washed. It looks real nice. The only thing that is wrong with it I think might be the fuel pump cause it takes a bit long to turn over when the car sits over night. The battery is brand new and if I pump on the gas pedal while cranking it seems to mitigate this effect. Oh and as you can see by my user name it has Dayton rims haha. Not really my style but I think its kinda cool. And he had also installed a Pioneer sound system with a 10" subwoofer BOOM BOOM . Its good to be part of a forum again. Last one I was in was the Metallica forum before joining the Navy haha

Old 09-10-2010, 08:28 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Welcome to the forum from New York!

Old 09-11-2010, 01:08 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum from New Zealand.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:41 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Welcome from the Motor City

Old 09-12-2010, 11:36 PM
Beginning Member
RobertRheal is on a distinguished road

lol that sounds pretty sketch! cool that you ended up with something though, you plan on modifying it?

Old 09-13-2010, 02:51 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome from Auckland, New Zealand.

Old 09-14-2010, 06:41 PM
89BlazerOnDaytons is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by RobertRheal
lol that sounds pretty sketch! cool that you ended up with something though, you plan on modifying it?
Yeah im planning on getting rid of those wire wheel rims...then ill put in a cold air intake and exhaust after that

Old 09-14-2010, 08:27 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum, pretty weird story but I think I would ditch those dayton's fast they aren't my style either. You have any pics of it?

Old 09-14-2010, 11:40 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

WOW!! that story is definately one for the books!

welcome to the show brother.

be sure to post some "pre-selling the Dayton's" pic's. 'cause trust me, one day you'll wish you had a "before" pic-no matter how bad you think it looked!

Old 09-15-2010, 07:47 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

Welcome, to the forum. I have an 89 S15 Jimmy 2WD that I am the original owner and have over 420,000 miles and it is my daily driver and is in excellent shape. If you have any questions about the 89 blazer let me know as I have probally fixed just about any problem that occurrs this car. If it breaks or gets damaged I figure out a way to repair or replace it. The junk yard has been my friend. I just did upper ball joints, Idler Arm and Center Link. I see your located in Oxnard, Ca I use to live in Oxnard in the eary 90's. I shared an apartment at the Colony off of Harbor Drive near the Embassy Suites Hotel.

Last edited by mr.vls; 09-15-2010 at 07:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Newguy!..'Twas weird how I got my 89 Blazer S10