New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Old Blazer...New Member...Questions...Advice...

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 02:01 AM
Beginning Member
Shadow Blue is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Carrico4
Question? What is Cilajet? And welcome to the forum, you'll learn a lot

Answer to you question (IMO) General Grabber has a nice selection of AT, moderately priced or Cooper tire, but you can also never go wrong with BFG (not my fav for AT though)
This is Cilajet: Cilajet Products - Video - Jay Leno's Garage

General Grabber? Never heard of them...I'll be sure to look up these selections. Thanks.

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
welcome
I appreciate it

Originally Posted by 98chevyblazer
Welcome.

Here's a pic of my blazer with stock rims (6 in. backspacing) and basically brand new 30" BFG's (300 miles). Next spring I plan on going with rims with a 4.5 in. backspaing that make the rims stick out past the fenders a bit. It makes it look really mean and with the lower backspacing I might have to trim the fenders a little so I don't rub, but that doesnt bother me. If you go with anything bigger than 30's you'll probably have to lift. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Thogert
Welcome
Excellent information! Thanks. I plan of getting a wider wheel with a lower offset to get them closer to the fenders. Thanks for the heads up on max tire size since I don't want to lift it.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:06 AM
Beginning Member

Question:

Is there a list of what needs to be serviced at 30K miles?

Old 11-14-2011, 01:00 AM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Shadow Blue
It sure is
Sweet, me likey Tibs when they are done right... and they aren't that atrocious year with the bug eye headlights. The newish ones are even Supra-like if paired with the right body kit.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:20 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
Sweet, me likey Tibs when they are done right... and they aren't that atrocious year with the bug eye headlights. The newish ones are even Supra-like if paired with the right body kit.
Mine is the year with the "bug eye" head lights, although, I completed the FL head light conversion. Is this done right?

Does anyone have an answer to my question above?

Old 11-14-2011, 12:31 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum!

Have a look around (via browsing around or using the search feature) and you'll find that most of your questions have already been answered. If they have not been answered to your liking, please create a new thread on the subject in the appropriate forum section or 'bump' an already existing thread for further clarification. Thanks!

Old 11-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Welcome to the forum!

Have a look around (via browsing around or using the search feature) and you'll find that most of your questions have already been answered. If they have not been answered to your liking, please create a new thread on the subject in the appropriate forum section or 'bump' an already existing thread for further clarification. Thanks!
Thanks for the kind welcoming

I used the search feature which rendered no results as it pertains to the 30K mile maintenance. I did, however, find answers via Google but thought the forum may have insight on specific/general problem areas the Blazer frequently encounters around this time frame. Being that I'm in the newbie section, I figured I would simply ask a few minor questions here rather than flood the forum with potentially redundant information, assuming that I overlooked something during my forum search.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:00 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

I was talking about this year

But yes yours is done right, especially if it used to look like the 2001s! Its sooo pretty and I love the color!

As for the 30k... I have no idea lol. I'd assume something along the lines of fluid checks, plug checks, distributor check... I dunno though, my K5 came with like... A LOT of miles under her tires.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Carrico4 is on a distinguished road

The 30k is the transmission and other fluids, mainily trans though. I could be wrong, the Hayness repair manual will say for sure however

Old 11-15-2011, 01:28 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
But yes yours is done right, especially if it used to look like the 2001s! Its sooo pretty and I love the color!

As for the 30k... I have no idea lol. I'd assume something along the lines of fluid checks, plug checks, distributor check... I dunno though, my K5 came with like... A LOT of miles under her tires.
The RD Tiburons are fugly! Mine is a 2004 GT. Thanks for the compliments...would you like to see under the hood? MP60 Roots Alpine Supercharger with a TON of goodies! I'm finishing up the install...I may need a new starter:

Originally Posted by Carrico4
The 30k is the transmission and other fluids, mainily trans though. I could be wrong, the Hayness repair manual will say for sure however
Thanks, buddy. The Google search narrows it down to a few replacement items: Fuel filter, cabin air filter, air intake filter, coolant flush/conditioning and trans flush. Apparently the fuel filter is alongside the driver rear frame rail underneath the rig! I'm really happy about this as my other cars' are a PITA.

Good call...I'll definitely be picking up a repair manual soon, which should reveal all the answers. I appreciate everyone's input

Old 11-15-2011, 01:55 AM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

for your question on the LT or LS its probably a base model if it doesn't say LT or LS on the door. looks like a nice truck, and you got lucky with it only having 26k on it.

Quick Reply: Old Blazer...New Member...Questions...Advice...