New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

OLD NEW GUY

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 12:53 PM
livlifes2short is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OLD NEW GUY

Hey this is old new guy,
Was on the forums for a while but the blazer went bye bye, But I am back just completed my purchase of a 1994 s-10 tahoe blazer 4 door 4*4 with the 4.3. 120k. I got it for 600 bucks its been sitting for a while. But all leather interior looks good on the inside beside a rid in the driver side seat. As far as running condition goes it seems to have a really bad miss, it idles PERFECT then when you give it gas it seems to miss. I do know it has an exhaust leak on the front driver side manifold. But seems to ride nice ( with slow acceleration it does not seem to miss?) So far I bought and plan to install this weekend (hopefully to fix the miss) Cap, rotor, plug, wires, pvc, fuel filter, oil and filter, air filter, and manifold gasket. I belive it needs a battery due to it needs to be jumped to run but once running runs good. So hopefully I have found a treasure with a little sweat and blood lol. Its gonna be nice to get out of the "cold" I currently ride just a 06 gsxr 1000, and although I live in tampa bay its been in the 30s this week, although not that cold it is when your doing 60 on a bike. So glad to be back!! of and sorry for the long post

Old 01-22-2009, 01:06 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: OLD NEW GUY

Wow, a 2 year hiatus. Welcome back.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:22 PM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome back Brother...
you might leave, but you are never gone.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:27 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome back, one quick suggestion test fuel pressure before you swap in the new plugs etc just to make sure you dont have a leaking fpr or spider (hate to see you foul the new plugs right off due to an internal leak)

Old 01-22-2009, 01:35 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back!

Old 01-22-2009, 10:17 PM
livlifes2short is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the responses and I am glad to be back man i really missed my blazer lol I LOVE THIS TRUCK!! Thanks again will check the fuel pressure do u know what the reading i should get if all is good? Thanks In Advance

Old 01-23-2009, 02:38 AM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

key on wait for pump to shut off should be between 50-60psi, the internal leak telltale is how fast the pressure drops off at this point it should hold steady pressure if it drops steadily take the vortec cover off the top of the upper plenum and then the plug thats under it once those are removed you can shine a light inside and look for clean areas pass. side clean = bad regulator driver side clean = bad spider and/or nut kit.
Any other questions post up in the 1st gen section plenty of us here happy to help and keep us posted on the outcome.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:42 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Welcome back