New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Oregon Girl Saying Hi

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2023, 11:46 AM
JaySadistic is on a distinguished road
Default Oregon Girl Saying Hi

Hey all! I'm in rainy, but beautiful, Oregon country. I wish I was happier to join your awesome forum. I'm trying to get my '96 Blazer driving properly so I can sell her...I've done a ton of research already since I don't really have the ability to wrench on my ride myself. I did however just recently replace the battery terminals and did an 'A' OK Job lol. Hopefully I can get this baby back on the highway with your guy's help and a lot of extra patience.

Old 01-18-2023, 12:36 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your project. Please post up in the appropriate sections if you have any questions we can try to help answer.

Old 01-19-2023, 01:21 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the forum. This is a great place for advice and people are super helpful. Don't be shy about asking questions. Hopefully the issues with your truck are simple to fix. There are quite a few that are.
Regarding being in Oregon, I have fond memories of living in Eugene in the early 90s. And I can attest that yes, it can be quite damp there!

Old 01-19-2023, 11:21 PM
JaySadistic is on a distinguished road

Thanks! Unfortunately this problem doesn't seem to have a simple fix, at least for me. I am a little shy about asking questions here, afraid I'll get a response that says search this or find that. Because honestly, that's all I've been able to do! I'm going to try to be very specific and hope I get the same in return..baby steps lol because I am not a mechanic and don't plan to be. I have just spent way too much time on this Blazer's problems already. Time is very precious to me now that I have my son who is almost 2! I will be posting some specific, already researched, here very very soon.

Old 01-20-2023, 03:56 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JaySadistic
Thanks! Unfortunately this problem doesn't seem to have a simple fix, at least for me. I am a little shy about asking questions here, afraid I'll get a response that says search this or find that. Because honestly, that's all I've been able to do! I'm going to try to be very specific and hope I get the same in return..baby steps lol because I am not a mechanic and don't plan to be. I have just spent way too much time on this Blazer's problems already. Time is very precious to me now that I have my son who is almost 2! I will be posting some specific, already researched, here very very soon.
Don't feel bad about asking questions. Just do you best to try to find old threads if you can. We will trust that you tried.

Part of the challenge with searching the threads is knowing what key words to use. That can take a bit of learning to overcome. In another thread I learned just yesterday that the thing my GM service manual calls a BRB (body relay block) is called something else, a BBEC (Body Bussed Electrical Center), in earlier service manuals!