New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 12:49 PM
monsterblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default please help

i got a 95 4x4 4 door blazer and i got alot of questions i really need answers for before i get the wrong stuff and waste alot of money so please help me

first how much horsepower does by blazer have stock

second whats the easiest way to get a couple inch lift in the front if i do a leaf spring lift in the back

will 31x9.5x15 in bf goodrich mud terrain tires fit on my blazer stock i got 30 in A/T bf goodrich tires and it looks like theres some room but i need to know for sure

and the big question is i wanna do a engine swap from a 4.3 vortec to the 5.7 vortec out of a 97 chevy tahoefirst will it drop right in and what else will i for sure have to change on the truck with it and someone give me a guesstamate on how much they think it will cost around to do it all i can get the engine for about $1,100

i also hear the front end won't last long with that engine whats something i can do to prevent that

and whats cheaper things to get to increase my horsepower

ohya and does that tornado thing really work if put in a k&n air intake

please please someone give me the answers

Old 05-29-2008, 01:07 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: please help

Answers:

1) 95 blazer stock should have ~190 hp. Problem is the 30% drivetrain loss to the wheels or there abouts....

2) which kind of leaf spring lift are you referring to? A SOA lift will net you 5' of lift in the rear, but a shackle lift will give you anywhere from 1.5' to 2.5' of lift, based on what lift shackle you buy. To get a matching lift in the front, you're pretty much limited to <2' of lift without obtaining/purchasing/fabricating a differential drop bracket.

3)31x9.5 tires probably will not fit on a stock setup. The tire is just too tall. A 30x9.5 fits fine, but my 30x10.50s rub even with 1.5' of lift up front. If you could clear the width, you're still going to have problems with ANY suspension compression at all.

4) I'm no expert on engines nor swap compatibility, so i'll let someone else give you info on that.

5) I don't think that the 5.7 is all that much heavier...maybe 200 lbs over the 4.3? Again, whoever answers #4 should be able to clear that up . If you do need to beef up the front end, you'd need HD shocks, probably pitman/idler arms? I'm sure there's more..

6) These engines are pretty well tuned already, so there's not much you can do cheaply to increase your horsepower.. The best gains you can get would be from doing a tune up, cleaning everything out (throttle body, EGR, MAF..). Turbos can give you a big boost, but that's not cheap by any means.

7) That tornado is a POS. Don't waste your money. They do in other engines essentially what the vortec system already does on our engines.

So...we'll just wait for an engine expert now

Old 05-29-2008, 01:14 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome to the forum

check out the search feature, many questions will be answered that way.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:16 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Dang...that's why I get for clicking the email link...didn't even realize this was new member area. Whoops.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Must not have liked my answers to this EXACT post in the Engine & Internal section huh??? Please do NOT double post. After all, it is against forum rules.

*Thread Closed* - Duplicate Post.