New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Thanks for having me

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Beginning Member
s10blazed is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks for having me

Nice site you guys have here. I recognize packofqtips from BlazinLow. I found this site searching for information on replacing some motor mounts.

Anyways, I'm a computer/technology nerd with a love for Blazers. It started when I was about 15 and my parents bought an 88 Blazer as their primary ride. As I turned 16 and started to drive it, I absolutely loved it. A few months later I bought it from them outright as my own and still remember all the good times we had together. It was my first car:

A few years passed of driving it. I started doing some modifications and got behind on the time schedule. Then more problems arised and rather than rush to fix everything, I bought another S-10 pickup. All my attention turned to the new truck and the Blazer got pushed to the side. It sat for awhile while I transformed a stock S-10 into this:

Now during the construction phase of this truck, I went and bought a brand new Civic when I finished college. I've been rocking that ever since, but its not important.

I always kept my love for the Blazer and wanted to make a lowered, v8 monster. I had been keeping an eye out for a 2wd cheap enough to make a project out of it. They're kinda rare up north here so it took me awhile. I finally got a call from my cousin who found one dirt cheap.

I've been collecting parts to convert it to a V8 with a manual tranny and some custom body parts. It's been slow going and at the very bottom of my priority list - but its not forgotten.

SOOOO, for the past 2 or 3 years I've been rocking the Civic, showing the S-10, and watching the Blazer sit. It's been a good routine, but I got a new toy recently as well (the reason I found this site). My aunt is getting up there in age and can't drive any more. Any time she goes anywhere she has to be driven. So her Blazer was just wasting away and she needed it gone. My Dad offered to take it and fix it up and give to another family member. As it turns out, it needed a hell of a lot more 'little things' than he anticipated. He didn't get it fixed before my uncle bought another car, so it sat in my Dad's driveway for a few months. As he became worried the local municipality would ticket it (unregistered, not inspected, etc...) I offered to take it from him to have sort of a quick-fix project.

It hasn't been so quick as I suspected either. Since taking it I've replaced/fixed:

-idler arm
-front pads
-front flexible hoses
-rear brakes - EVERYTHING (rotors, e-brake, pads, calipers, brackets, literally everything from axle - out)
-sway bar bushings
-bumper end cap
-hood pop cable
-right rear view mirror
-new speakers (only 1.5 worked when I got it)
-installed old radio I had
-wired up for amp/sub
-new plugs
-new wires
-new oil
-new air filter
-new tail lights/LED bulbs
-new wheels/tires

Stuff I still need to do after finally riding it around a bit:

-new motor mounts
-possibly new transmission mount
-change tranny fluid
-new distributor? (random misfire, that is my next search here)
-re-bend/fix exhanust (its banding on the torsion bar from the bad motor mount, but also bent in the rear from an accident)
-fix the giant rust hole in the rear quarter.
-new shocks
-alignment
-new headlights/turn signals
-new airdam
-maybe rear step shaver

So that is my family of Blazers/S-10s. I'm happy to share info about any of them so ask away. I'll be around the forum a bit now that I've found this place. If I think of anything more to add I'll be sure to hit reply.

-John

Old 08-14-2009, 09:25 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum from Canada! All nice trucks...great work!

Old 08-14-2009, 10:56 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Lucky.... Welcome to the forum

Old 08-14-2009, 11:22 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the Forum.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome!

Old 08-14-2009, 03:37 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

Welcome!!

Old 08-14-2009, 04:02 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Welcome & nice trucks!

Old 08-15-2009, 01:32 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Welcome! from down under.
Nice rides!

Old 08-16-2009, 10:44 AM
bigdaddykane93 is on a distinguished road

A few years passed of driving it. I started doing some modifications and got behind on the time schedule. Then more problems arised and rather than rush to fix everything, I bought another S-10 pickup. All my attention turned to the new truck and the Blazer got pushed to the side. It sat for awhile while I transformed a stock S-10 into this:

Now during the construction phase of this truck, I went and bought a brand new Civic when I finished college. I've been rocking that ever since, but its not important.

I always kept my love for the Blazer and wanted to make a lowered, v8 monster. I had been keeping an eye out for a 2wd cheap enough to make a project out of it. They're kinda rare up north here so it took me awhile. I finally got a call from my cousin who found one dirt cheap.

I've been collecting parts to convert it to a V8 with a manual tranny and some custom body parts. It's been slow going and at the very bottom of my priority list - but its not forgotten.

SOOOO, for the past 2 or 3 years I've been rocking the Civic, showing the S-10, and watching the Blazer sit. It's been a good routine, but I got a new toy recently as well (the reason I found this site). My aunt is getting up there in age and can't drive any more. Any time she goes anywhere she has to be driven. So her Blazer was just wasting away and she needed it gone. My Dad offered to take it and fix it up and give to another family member. As it turns out, it needed a hell of a lot more 'little things' than he anticipated. He didn't get it fixed before my uncle bought another car, so it sat in my Dad's driveway for a few months. As he became worried the local municipality would ticket it (unregistered, not inspected, etc...) I offered to take it from him to have sort of a quick-fix project.

It hasn't been so quick as I suspected either. Since taking it I've replaced/fixed:

-idler arm
-front pads
-front flexible hoses
-rear brakes - EVERYTHING (rotors, e-brake, pads, calipers, brackets, literally everything from axle - out)
-sway bar bushings
-bumper end cap
-hood pop cable
-right rear view mirror
-new speakers (only 1.5 worked when I got it)
-installed old radio I had
-wired up for amp/sub
-new plugs
-new wires
-new oil
-new air filter
-new tail lights/LED bulbs
-new wheels/tires

Stuff I still need to do after finally riding it around a bit:

-new motor mounts
-possibly new transmission mount
-change tranny fluid
-new distributor? (random misfire, that is my next search here)
-re-bend/fix exhanust (its banding on the torsion bar from the bad motor mount, but also bent in the rear from an accident)
-fix the giant rust hole in the rear quarter.
-new shocks
-alignment
-new headlights/turn signals
-new airdam
-maybe rear step shaver

So that is my family of Blazers/S-10s. I'm happy to share info about any of them so ask away. I'll be around the forum a bit now that I've found this place. If I think of anything more to add I'll be sure to hit reply.

-John[/quote]
Who is is that nice girl sitting in the back of that red truck? also did you fix your radom misfire? if so what was the problem? thanks

Old 08-16-2009, 10:45 AM
bigdaddykane93 is on a distinguished road

Who is is that nice girl sitting in the back of that red truck? also did you fix your radom misfire? if so what was the problem? thanks

Quick Reply: Thanks for having me