New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

unixbro here from wester north carolina

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 12:46 PM
unixbro is on a distinguished road
Default unixbro here from wester north carolina

Hey Folks,

Looks like a great forum. I have a bunch of 4x4's in my yard and the ones for this forum includes:

1. My all time favorite my 1991 GMC Jimmy full size it sports an 88 front end because ?I like the full headlights better. It's my work horse and carries my wheelchair and lift around. When I can I do my own maintaince on this it has 358,000 miles on it but you wouldn't believe it looking at it.

2. I own a 1987 s10 blazer this is another favorite of mine when I am looking for fuel economy on long trips. This year I am ready to start sporting this truck up. It's basically stock like the Jimmy but this one sports a 2" lift kit.

I will be scouring the pages looking for aftermarket parts for both of these vehicles.

I also own a 1994 GMC Safari high top conversion van. This is for when I take the whole tribe on a trip. 295,000 miles this van has never let me sit. 4.3 vortex engine and all wheel drive.

I also have many parts for a 1973 Jeep cj-5 this was a project I started before I got sick 3 years ago I have enough parts to build a complete all steel cj-5 but I cannot do the work anymore without help so I will sadly be selling this this year.

and not last just last 4x4 I have just purchased a 2006 colorado crew cab. It has the i5 engine and auto trans with 4x4 I have already dressed this truck up since I bought it 3 weeks ago. It has a curt 2" hitch, a full front ram guard with light covers, a set of spyder running boards, a new set of goodyear wrangler at's on it, and a bunch of customized vynil graphics so it sticks out. I also have gm original moldings to protect the doors that we are cleaning the glue off to install. Also installed the vent shields all thw way around all doors and hood. I am going to do the same with the blazer and jimmy.

I am disabled with blood clots in my femoral arteries have been through 7 surgeries to correct them, however I have a clotting disorder and they can do no more to help me. So I can walk with limits but I am prone to falling after about 10 feet frm there it's wheelchair time.

I have 8 kids and a beutiful wife that gives lots of support and help. So I can continue my 4x4 hobby limitedly.

Hope to meet some of you at local meets and such and have some work days to help some other members out.

unixbro

Old 03-22-2012, 01:22 PM
gojorg has a spectacular aura aboutgojorg has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from New Jersey

Old 03-22-2012, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by gojorg
Welcome from New Jersey

Thank You been to elizabeth many times to the food wharehouse back when I drove truck cross country.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:19 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from NY

Old 03-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Starting Member
bigbadblazer91 is on a distinguished road

Hi from Ontario, good to see another "big" Blazer owner like me. The ol jeep is always a cool project too. Good luck and good to hear you are handling things so well.
Jim

Old 03-22-2012, 04:05 PM

Thanks or the welcome guys ... cool place so far

Old 03-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Beginning Member
Druidic is on a distinguished road

Welcome from Minnesota. Sorry to hear about your situation, but does sound like you have great family support, which is always a damn good thing.

Oh, and that wouldn't be unix, as in the operating system, would it?

Last edited by Druidic; 03-22-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:26 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from Utah.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Beginning Member
forestghost07 is on a distinguished road

Welcome bro, from Florida. I spent many childhood summers in H'ville and graduated Chapel Hill - I'll be up your way 2nd week of June, been a long time. Is Jump Off Rock still there? Hit me back!

Marco

Old 03-23-2012, 12:52 AM
Starting Member
RetroBlazer will become famous soon enough

Yo from Texas.

Quick Reply: unixbro here from wester north carolina