New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

yo from ohio...

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 07:59 PM
Beginning Member
diamondeditionzr22000blazer is on a distinguished road
Default yo from ohio...

Just moved to ohio 9 mths ago...came from texas originally...approximatly 4 weeks after i got here my s10 extreme caught fire and burned up (it was a wip)...kind of a rocky start...but things got better...

I found a new 2000 s10 extreme with less than 83K miles on it...for now i'm keeping her as i found her...yes i will be working on her in the future...but...now that winter is here in ohio i figured i needed a winter beater...

So i bought a 2000 zr2 blazer...i was about to put a v8 in her (as the v6 is just a little too wimpy)...then i read here that a 4x4 is much harder (ie. more expensive) than a 2wd...so that ideal just went out the window tonight..guess i'll be keeping the ol'v6 with some minor upgrades (ie..e-fan, tbi spacer, headers, y-pipe, ect)...i've alrdy switched out the front two cloth seats with some diamond edition seats and door panels...i'll have to take the two back seats into a upholstry shop to get them done..some carbon fiber trim inside...i've added a light bar on top with 4 summit lights..i'm also working on mounting brackets for the front brush guard..i'll be adding a few more lights (front and back)...will be adding a cb...getting some 31" or 30" tires soon...haven't decided about the rims yet...i'd like to add a winch but i'm not sure the expense is worth it ..maybe a suspension lift....no body lift (i think)...i will be using it as a dd to protect my s10 (during bad weather days) and as a hunting vehicle...don't plan on during much 4x4'ing - but you never know.....might even do that envoy hid upgrade but i need to do a little more research on that first...

Oh yeah...i forgot..but i alrdy replaced the heater core...believe it or not it went south 2 days after i bought it...it needed or still does some minor work to replace the rear diff gasket (done)...the left rear brake isn't working...a few bolts missing out of the manifolds and muffler/pipe mount (not gonna mess with it as new exhaust is planned)...o yeah...one more thing...some freaking idiot put the wrong stater on it and in the process broke the mounting hole in the block..I will be fixing that next week either by welding an all tread stud on or swapping engines...depending oh how it goes...hense the possible v8 upgrade...this problem i was unaware of when i bought the thing...now i know why i got the blazer at such a cheap price..less than half what every other non-zr2 is going for around here..but it beats buying a new vehicle...

later,,,,

Old 12-18-2012, 09:44 PM
gojorg has a spectacular aura aboutgojorg has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from New Jersey

Old 12-19-2012, 01:18 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from Utah.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:29 AM
Starting Member
RetroBlazer will become famous soon enough

How do from a Texan that's a former Ohioan.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Welcome from VA!!

Old 12-30-2012, 04:51 AM
dustinhxc is on a distinguished road

Welcome from Minnesota!! that sucks it caught on fire :*(

Old 12-30-2012, 07:58 AM
4X4GS10B is on a distinguished road

welcome from Columbua, Oh

Old 01-03-2013, 11:41 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Welcome from New York.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Starting Member
Blazin00LT is on a distinguished road

Howdy from greenfield, in.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:18 PM
95BlazenLT is on a distinguished road

Welcome from Michigan...

Quick Reply: yo from ohio...