Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

98 Jimmy Turbo using Typhoon parts:

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 04:04 PM
UR50SLO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 98 Jimmy Turbo using Typhoon parts:

The stock Injector flow rate for the 4.3L spider injectors and the V8 Engines are 23.1LB/HR.

Old 02-27-2008, 04:18 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I don't have a spider...

Old 02-27-2008, 04:31 PM

What year are we talking about? Old TBI stuff or newer Vortec Blazer/Jimmy? All the newer Vortec Injectors are 23.1lb/hr I call it a spider injector.. Might be a slang term your not usto.
~Scott

Old 02-27-2008, 04:41 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Could be, lol, it's a 2005.

You should check out http://photobucket.com/for making a dedicated album, so the pics don't go down...

Or use the forums built in image hosting for it, so the pics are always there

Old 02-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: UR50SLO

What year are we talking about? Old TBI stuff or newer Vortec Blazer/Jimmy? All the newer Vortec Injectors are 23.1lb/hr I call it a spider injector.. Might be a slang term your not usto.
~Scott
You've also got the MFI spiders in the mid-'02+ that are something like 18-20lb/hr. They are lower static flow rate than the injector/poppet nozzle setup used in the '96 thru mid-'02 SCFI motors.

ORIGINAL: drperry

I don't have a spider...
Yes you do!

Old 02-27-2008, 05:19 PM
BF Veteran

I stand corrected

It just didn't show up in the GM Parts Direct catalogue, lol.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:51 PM

Ours is a 98 and in the ECM perameters they are labled 23.1 Lb/hr.

I've not scanned anything newer than our 98. I'll soon be doing the same turbo conversion on a 01 Blazer for a friend of mine.

If they went even smaller than the 23.1's Eesh... The entire fuel system design sucks.
Did you know you can put a Buick GN (Grand National 255lr/hr pump) in our sending unit's? they are only 99.00 and since it's a Warbro pump it'll be the last on you put in.
I put one in our tank when I turbo'd it. I've got my buddy's here now. Alot cheaper than a autozone/advance pump and it'll be the last time you pull the tank out.
~Scott

Old 02-27-2008, 06:26 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, the MFI spiders are even lower. But you won't have to contend with that unless it's an '02+ and not all '02s got the MFI spider. Bad part is you have to pull the plenun on the '02s to find out... If you see wires going to the end of the nylon lines, its an MFI spider. Since you will already be upgrading to the Marine intake, sell the spider to someone else. It is a good update for the often problematic poppet nozzle setup.

Now, did you happen to get any pics of the fuel pump disassembled from the sender on your '98? I thought the plastic senders were pretty well sealed up...

*EDIT* - I am watching "How It's Made" on Discovery right now. They just put together a fuel pump assembly. I knew how the pump worked (I am a hydraulic designer after all), but I had never taken one apart before. Kinda neat to see how they go together and I can see exactly how the fail. It was an older style metal sending unit, not like the plastic ones the newer s-series trucks have.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:46 PM

I'll take pictures in the morning of old/new and a description of "how-to"
It's a streight forward swap. Pump is same basic size.
I'll make a documentary in the AM...

I love all the Discovery shows! Good info.. I've not seen the pump one yet..too bad I'm at my shop in the booth painting parts [X(]
In the AM fellas.
~Scott

Old 02-28-2008, 04:24 AM
BF Veteran

Out of curiosity, how would plugging the return line on the fuel system hurt the pump?

The Wynnjammer (sp?) supercharger kit does that to raise the fuel pressure up...

Quick Reply: 98 Jimmy Turbo using Typhoon parts: