Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

charger questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 06:06 PM
cody32401 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default charger questions

sup guys im looking into buying a procharger for my 4.3 (the p600b) thru procharger wondering on feedback from anyone that has done this or heard anything about doing this im upgradeing the exhaust getting a programer and either a 160 or 180 degree thermostat i was wanting to get a bigger oil pan thinking it might help in the long run on engine wear

any comments

Old 10-17-2006, 06:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: charger questions

Well, from your previous post, I see that you have an '03 2wd. Please put your vehicle information in your signature.

Now onto the ProCharger install. I do believe that there is one member here that has a Vortech CSC, but I do not know of any ProCharged Blazers on here. You will definitely need a tune (dyno tuning is preferred) for the ProCharger. Depending on where you live, 160* may be too low. If you live in a hot climate, then 160 will be fine, but speaking from experience with 160* stats in a cold climate, you do not want to have that cold of a stat in. Your heat will suck.

The oil pan getting larger is going to be a fun one for you. I believe the stock 2wd oil pan is the same as the 4wd... If it is, it is cast aluminum and has an integrated transmission mounting surface which helps to improve the structural rigidity of both the engine block and the engine to transmission connection. If you are worried about the oil, I would add an external engine oil cooler. I do not think that you have the remote oil filter like those of us with 4wds, but you should still be able to do a remote filter with one line going through a cooler.

Good luck and I'm looking forward to your progress. Tally up the costs, then look into a v8 swap. Being a 2wd already, v8 swaps are nice and easy. Only thing that may restrict you is the emissions/inspection laws in your state.

Old 10-18-2006, 01:31 PM
cody32401 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: charger questions

ya the procharger im looking at is $2400

i was thinking about the V8 swap i had 2 s-10's like that only reason i was leaning towards the charger is that this is my everyday driver and i would only have 2 days off a week so the motor swap usually when your about done something major happens and it takes longer than you expect the charger is like 5-8 hr install......im in Gainesville Florida low temperature aint a big problem down here lol....and the oil pan ill have to get it up on the lift today and see

thanks