Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

how much HP and torque would a supercharger give u?

Old 11-29-2004, 09:01 PM
Blaize70 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how much HP and torque would a supercharger give u?

i have the '02 blazer xtreme with the 4.3 L Vortec V6. I was wondering how much a supercharger would do to my truck. (horsepower as well as torque) It has 190 HP and 250 Torque stock.

Old 12-09-2004, 07:28 PM
94Blaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: how much HP and torque would a supercharger give u?

i guess they are supposed to add a LOT of HP and torque...the numbers im not for sure but i hear they give around 75-100 for some cheaper ones...if you spend the big bucks for one than im sure you can get around 150 or so...i think the numbers are similar to HP gains for torque as well

Old 12-10-2004, 04:41 AM
01xtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

I looked up a supercharger for my 01 Xtreme and it said that there was a 40-50% increase in HP & torque.

Old 04-29-2005, 11:35 PM
V6 Vortec Jimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

too much moeny for me tey suppose to add 50-100 .

Old 04-30-2005, 03:47 PM
Administrator
Patrick has disabled reputation

the amount of boost is relative to the amount of pressure...normal air pressure is abot 13.8 psi...thats the air around us...so, when you run 14 or so psi, you are roughly doubling your output, minus losses, such as parasitic loss from a blower belt. so...a 400hp car running 28psi of boost should be building around 1000+hp...there is a guy at my ome track that, without nitrous built 2200hp with a 502 stroker...but it was, obviously completely built...2700hp with nitrous, with parasitic loss figured out..his actual output was about 2000hp...on the bottle..i think a SC parasitic loss is about 20-25%...however, most stock engines cannot run 14psi safely...but, if your stock engine is, say, 200hp...and you built the internals enough to handle 14psi, without adding any actual hp building items..just a better crank, better rods, pistons..so forth...adding a 14psi blower woudl give you somewhere in the area of 100 or so hp boost, after loss.

Old 10-20-2005, 08:45 PM
Talusgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Who says you'll never need math once you finish high school....

Old 11-07-2005, 01:43 PM
timetoblaze is an unknown quantity at this point

i was on ebay one day when i was bored and found a powerdyne takin off a 99 blazer it was just the head unit for like 100 bucks if i had the money i would have bought it... it prolly would have needed to be rebuilt but that you can do yourself and at tops would have costed like 400 if you sent it back to power dyne to get rebuilt .... all in all still a very good deal...so i guess moral of the story sometimes you can get a very good deal on ebay if you are willing to have stuff rebuilt

Old 11-08-2005, 03:17 AM
drkmelvin is an unknown quantity at this point

Afriend of mine found one of these on ebay for $2,000...lucky, I want one soooooo bad
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TWIN-...spagenameZWDVW

Old 11-11-2005, 05:51 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

I looked into it once. Then quickly realized that a blown 4.3L V6 will put out the same numbers as a stock newer fuel injected 5.7L V8. Dropping in a V8 will be less money in the long run. Altough the cool factor is with the blown V6.

Old 11-12-2005, 11:26 PM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: drkmelvin

Afriend of mine found one of these on ebay for $2,000...lucky, I want one soooooo bad
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TWIN-...spagenameZWDVW
holy ****!!!! i need one! has he installed it yet? if i had the money, id get a big block and that kit for the sonoma just for the WTF factor.[sm=wtf.gif]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how much HP and torque would a supercharger give u?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.