Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

What to call this thread? "yummy"?!, "oh-sofaking-good"!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 05:26 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about
Cool What to call this thread? "yummy"?!, "oh-sofaking-good"!?

So today I put down some money on blazer upgrades - AGAIN. I have a bit coming to me (or already here) in the way of a grille guard, PIAA 520i fogs, the Bully hitch mount back-up lights & another lil thingy I saw today
http://www.wynjammer.com/ALM1115/GM_S10_4_3__V6.html
http://www.wynjammer.com/ALM1115/GM_...manceMods.html
http://www.wynjammer.com/ALM1115/Customer_Feedback.html

YUM!!! After the PCM is installed, the marine intake with a higher flow TBI, Bosch 36lb injectors, Wynjammer supercharger with a rebuilt impeller assy., it should have NO ISSUES pulling the bassboat out to the lake & passing 'sunday drivers' that like to go 10mph under the speed limit.

The Wynjammer on a stock 4.3L should add at least 60hp. With the free flowing exhaust, 8mm Taylor wires I have already 60hp is fair to say the least. Now with the higher end/flowing marine intake manifold with the larger TBI & Bosch injectors I was told that alone, without the Wynjammer, should be good for 70hp (ala Al @ Wynjammer). Couple the Wynjammer with the intake etc & their individual hp's would be a 'safe' 130hp or so increase. But the Wynjammer pushing through the aftermarket intake ... omg, my blazer is in need of a trans. shift kit for sure!
It'll be seeing the MSD Blaster coil & JBA ceramic shorty headers in the near future as well.
Then depending on what suspension lift I get that'll influence what gearing I'll get <sigh, what a wicked web these vehicles weave>, 3:42 now & I'm thinking 4:11 would be a good compromise between DD & highway hauler without sacrificing performance or economy on either side.

Last edited by Rottidog; 10-24-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The wynjammer kit is a well put together kit. I thought they were done though...

A marine intake won't add power in and of itself. Flow path wise, it is VERY similar to the stock intake. The use of the marine intake is so you can use bosch style injectors which gives you options for increasing lb/hr rates. So I wouldn't expect 70HP just by swapping those parts in (speaking of the intake, injectors, & throttle body).

I would seriously consider a cam if you are going through all of the work of installing a CSC kit. With a different cam, 70HP w/o the CSC could be realized. Of course you would want to make sure to decrease restriction on the exhaust side as well to make everything work to the best of its ability.

Old 10-24-2010, 05:53 PM
BF Veteran

Heya Kyle hows things & the Ranier I've been reading about? Wynjammer is alive & well. The mechanic I got the s/c & intake from talks to Al at wynjammer a lot (phone, emails) & has been down to see him. As for the intake he said because of the flow paths, injectors (that are installed), larger TB it should be good for 60 or so hp, couple that with the s/c & wow. Also the intake has access to the fuel rails & injectors plus a few options for temp. sensors & vacuum attachments. Overall MUCH easier/user friendly to work on. As for a cam, yeah I was thinking of a 'towing' cam for lower end torque, but with all I'm adding to it & the headers soon, it should be ok with the exception of valve over lash possibilities. Time will tell though.

<edit> re-read what Kyle said - always appreciative of what you have to say, I sounded a lil 'stand-offish' & that isn't my intent! Guess I'm just a little excited & I'm trying to stay grounded on how this will perfom. All in all if it gets up around 300hp & it's easier to work on with more options & user friendlyness - then I'll be happy.

Last edited by Rottidog; 10-24-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:47 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Sounds awsome, good luck with the upgrades. Can't wait to see the final product.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:01 PM
BF Veteran

yeah I'm stoked like a kid on xmas eve lol! thnx
I'd like to get some vids of when I pull it out of the shop, how it sounds, hops etc. I feel jittery because I could & might be looking at 33% more power round abouts lol. Blazer is around 220hp now with what I have in it, with all this & headers (afterwards) I could be looking at over 120hp increase... that makes me anxious, not only to haul the boat around but thats a sweet, semi tricked blazer with some gonads!

these may be apropos: http://www.trucknutz.com/ <--- the truck has ballz

Last edited by Rottidog; 10-24-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:12 PM
Sturg is on a distinguished road

subscribed!

Old 10-24-2010, 10:34 PM
BF Veteran

lol, thanks sturg
I have 2 PCM's from the guy (21 year mechanic) I got all this from, niether fit my blazer & at least 1 has been pcmforless'd & has a sticker, so I'm hoping for bartering leverage.

I'm going to have issues sleeping tonight even though it may be friday at the earliest (I'm hoping) or early next week all this is installed & running. But whoa, 33% more seat of the pants butt dyno, take a friend thats been in there before, for a ride thats "WTF did you do to this thing?", make the big silly grin smiles kind of power. 300+ hp may not be all that when I see all the HD chevy , dodge commercials etc... but for what I/we have, this better prove to be significant & make people wonder "wtf a blazer with a boat just passed us?!"

But it's my DD & I haven't mashed the throttle more than 3 times in 2 years, I still wont, but thats not saying it's not going to be tempting!

Old 10-25-2010, 07:43 PM
BF Veteran
Thumbs up

So I picked up the rest of the SC today, took it & the manifold to the shop I'll get to install it all. He said it shouldn't be too bad (the manifold) & the SC is a cake walk (2 hr's for anyone with basic mechanical skills so says the manual). I also emailed a company in town that does PCM tuning & they have a dyno & can dyno tune the blazer after everything is installed... have to see what that would cost. lol

So it's moving forward & perhaps if all goes well by this weekend it'll have around 300hp!

Old 10-25-2010, 08:51 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

definitally going to have to see it when your done

Old 10-25-2010, 09:09 PM
BF Veteran

oh &%$@ <--- insert 4 letter word there!
I'm stoked, 33% more hp = don't need the ex gf lol... it should be a good ride when it's done & yes, we'll get together & compare rides for sure
mine will be the one with the transmission on the ground if I don't get the shift kit soon enough lmao

Quick Reply: What to call this thread? "yummy"?!, "oh-sofaking-good"!?