Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

1st Gen vs 2nd Gen

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 12:04 AM
Starting Member
Blazer_boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flames1965
I was pretty sure I would get a question like that and it is a 2dr 4x4 zr2 xtreme I think the xtreme is like a gfx package it have xtreme on both doors and zr2 on the rear quarter pannels 31 inch tires and a factory 3 inch lift composite skid plates thats all I can try to explain if I could take pictures I would but its 4 hours away right now when I have it back Ill put up some pictures.
Up here in canada its a ZR2 with some extra graphics. Similar to the cavalier Z22 no different than a standard 2.2L cavalier.

Personally Id take a 2nd gen over a first gen any day. My 91 was fun, granted it was a 4 door, But my ZR2 is far superior!

Old 04-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AJBert
What exactly is a "blazer zr2 exteme"?

It's a made up conglomeration of trim tags that never existed combined (nor should it).
I was pretty sure I would get a question like that and it is a 2dr 4x4 zr2 xtreme I think the xtreme is like a gfx package it have xtreme on both doors and zr2 on the rear quarter pannels 31 inch tires and a factory 3 inch lift composite skid plates thats all I can try to explain if I could take pictures I would but its 4 hours away right now when I have it back Ill put up some pictures.
Your truck is a ZR2. Not an Xtreme. The Blazer Xtremes were lowered 2dr 2wds with a ground effects package on them.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:06 PM
Beginning Member
flames1965 is on a distinguished road

Ok so my truck dose not exist with the trim that is on it? how do you explain this then?

Attached Thumbnails 1st Gen vs 2nd Gen-tree5.jpg  
Old 04-13-2012, 06:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Simple, someone added vinyl to the side of your truck. It is not factory installed trim nor is it a ultra rare trim level all to it's own. That's all that is being stated. Your truck is a ZR2, period.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:30 PM
Beginning Member

Is a carbon fiber styled dash stock too and felt sticker type things on the headrests stock too?

Old 04-13-2012, 06:32 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

those are all modifications thats a zr2 period like swartlkk stated

Old 04-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Administrator

Is a carbon fiber styled dash stock too and felt sticker type things on the headrests stock too?
No, it is NOT stock. That is the whole point. Someone ADDED them after the truck rolled off the factory assembly line & was delivered to the dealership that ordered it. It still doesn't make it a 'Xtreme ZR2. If it helps you sleep at night or justify how much you paid for it, good for you, but we know better.

Put it this way, if I added a freightliner emblem to the front of my lawn mower, should I claim it was a freightliner? No. Reason is because everyone that knows better would think I was an idiot. Kinda like what's beginning to happen here.

This is a real Blazer Xtreme btw:

Notice the difference?

Old 04-13-2012, 06:54 PM
Beginning Member

Ok thank you for the clarification but how many average people like myself are supposed to know any different when other vehicles with gfx packages on them have carbon fiber styled dashs and felt sticker things on the headrests. Im sure if I were to ask everyone at my school a total of about 1000 people who could tell me that.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:44 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Well the average person wouldnt know.. Unless they studied blazers a little bit.

Heck... i didnt even know the diamond edition Jimmy was a factory truck until a few months ago.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:16 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Ok thank you for the clarification but how many average people like myself are supposed to know any different when other vehicles with gfx packages on them have carbon fiber styled dashs and felt sticker things on the headrests. Im sure if I were to ask everyone at my school a total of about 1000 people who could tell me that.
how would the average person know? There is a website you may have heard of called Google...

Quick Reply: 1st Gen vs 2nd Gen