Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Roading (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/)
-   -   Alberta Weather Latley (https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-roading-25/alberta-weather-latley-37704/)

Blazer_boy 12-05-2009 09:18 PM

Alberta Weather Latley

Hey Guys. Just wanted to Share the Joy of Alberta's First Real dump of Snow. For thoes who arnt Fimiliar with our winters it can be as cold as -50 with the wind chill or as warm as +20.
So i figured id share our latest endevor.

I just got My Blazer Back on the road so here are the latest runs i've had. Just to share. Bald Tires and Missing front skid Plate.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...Picture001.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...Picture003.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...Picture005.jpg
Share your winter adventures!

flipzat 12-05-2009 09:26 PM

Nice blazer, looks like you got some good snow. i love the snow got a bit here already, here we get some crazy winter temps to northern ont.

Blazer_boy 12-05-2009 09:30 PM

Thanks Yea I've Spent some time In northern Ont. Alot like Church Hill Man. Bloody Cold.

OILCOUNTRY 12-06-2009 02:14 AM

Where in alberta are you?? Im in Edmonton. look for my post i made last night with some pictures..

old skool luvr 12-06-2009 07:05 AM

ok, so this is gonna br our "Winter Adventure" page for this season?

i'm gonna clear that with you first Blazer_boy, since i was accussed of jackin' someone thread awhile ago. hey, i misread the thread title, what can you do.

just remember to keep the rubber side down when playing this Winter.

have fun.

Sisk 12-06-2009 07:45 AM

Just woke up to a crapload of the white stuff. I'm so mad lol. I HATE winter and I HATE snow. The only good part is it's pretty fun to drive in. Pics to follow soon.

Logan 12-06-2009 08:50 AM

They are calling for 15-20cm here wednesday. Im hooking my plow up tonight.

Blazer_boy 12-06-2009 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by OILCOUNTRY (Post 272039)
Where in alberta are you?? Im in Edmonton. look for my post i made last night with some pictures..

Im in Red Deer. I never Realised there was some one so close.

Originally Posted by old skool luv (Post 272051)
ok, so this is gonna br our "Winter Adventure" page for this season?

i'm gonna clear that with you first Blazer_boy, since i was accussed of jackin' someone thread awhile ago. hey, i misread the thread title, what can you do.

just remember to keep the rubber side down when playing this Winter.

have fun.

Yea this was my intended Plan for this post.
This is the time of year where we need the 'If You Can Read This, Flip Me Over' Decals
lol.

old skool luvr 12-06-2009 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Blazer_boy (Post 272116)
Yea this was my intended Plan for this post.
This is the time of year where we need the 'If You Can Read This, Flip Me Over' Decals
lol.

good, now i know where to put the "Winter fun stories" :icon_playing:

hope i'm not setting myself up for this-but i've never had the need for those stickers! :icon_razz:

okvortec 12-06-2009 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr (Post 272051)

Now who would do such a thing.:icon_doh: I didn't mean to come across hostile.:icon_no:

Originally Posted by Sisk (Post 272067)
Just woke up to a crapload of the white stuff. I'm so mad lol. I HATE winter and I HATE snow. The only good part is it's pretty fun to drive in. Pics to follow soon.

Alex, seems like you live in the wrong place if you hate winter weather. :icon_wink:

Originally Posted by Logan (Post 272095)
Im hooking my plow up tonight.

$$$$CaaaaaaaaChing!$$$$

Logan 12-06-2009 05:12 PM

Its one of the snowbear personal plows... bought it for $500 last year. In almost new condition. Need a plow license though if I want to make $$ with it...

okvortec 12-06-2009 05:34 PM

Wow really? I think down here any ole' boy can hook a plow up an cash in.. It's one of those things that you'll get in trouble for if someone feels like messing with it. Kinda like all these yard crews/companies around here that I bet 99% of don't pay taxes.

old skool luvr 12-06-2009 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by okvortec (Post 272223)

Originally Posted by old skool luvr (Post 272051)
...........i'm gonna clear that with you first Blazer_boy, since i was accussed of jackin' someone thread awhile ago............

Now who would do such a thing.:icon_doh: I didn't mean to come across hostile.:icon_no:

was that you? don't remember (i actually thought it was someone from up my way to be honest).

but hey, i don't remember what you said, but it couldn't have been too bad-i'm still "talking" with you. :icon_couchhide:

Logan 12-06-2009 06:20 PM

But here in the Nations capitol...the city will get money anyway it can...f***ing crooks...

Blazer_boy 12-06-2009 06:32 PM

Yea thats what government does......
Im sure if they could tax the use of snow for off roading they would!
Im going on a trip later this week with a few friends....they didnt want to bring trucks so
the offered shovels instead. Pics to Follow

zedartwo 12-06-2009 08:51 PM

We got some snow here too. About 15cm when I woke up at my girls house, then drove 15 minutes south, past a huge accident and...nothing. till right now. weve gotten about 3cm in like half an hour. not much but i had fun coming home lol

Dbrown843 12-07-2009 01:35 AM

ah i wish it snowed here in myrtle beach, cause i would be out there everyday!!!
i wanna see some snow pictures! in deep deep snow.
someone come put my truck on a trailer and bring me up to michigan/ canada so i can play in snowwww

Sisk 12-07-2009 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Dbrown843 (Post 272352)
ah i wish it snowed here in myrtle beach, cause i would be out there everyday!!!
i wanna see some snow pictures! in deep deep snow.
someone come put my truck on a trailer and bring me up to michigan/ canada so i can play in snowwww

I tell you what. We'll trade places. We'll meet half way, trade truck and keys to the homes and we'll swap for the winter lol. Winter is here in full force. It was cold and icey this morning and there is snow on the ground. I hate it.
Oh, but Dan...if we're going to trade you have to be willing to trade everything. That includes your GF :icon_laugh:. Sorry. Couldn't resist. I don't imagine she'd be up for that one though.
On topic...I missed getting pics yesterday during the snow fall. It's mostly just ice and a bit of snow now due to some rain.

Dbrown843 12-07-2009 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Sisk (Post 272392)
I tell you what. We'll trade places. We'll meet half way, trade truck and keys to the homes and we'll swap for the winter lol. Winter is here in full force. It was cold and icey this morning and there is snow on the ground. I hate it.
Oh, but Dan...if we're going to trade you have to be willing to trade everything. That includes your GF :icon_laugh:. Sorry. Couldn't resist. I don't imagine she'd be up for that one though.
On topic...I missed getting pics yesterday during the snow fall. It's mostly just ice and a bit of snow now due to some rain.

^ hahahahah funny alex.
i would trade in a heart beat(except my gf of course), buttttt i would want my truck up there for the snow :)
BTW, possible trip to canada this summer, her best friend lives there.
so if you guys see a huge ass jimmy, make sure to wave me down

Sisk 12-07-2009 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Dbrown843 (Post 272424)
^ hahahahah funny alex.
i would trade in a heart beat(except my gf of course), buttttt i would want my truck up there for the snow :)
BTW, possible trip to canada this summer, her best friend lives there.
so if you guys see a huge ass jimmy, make sure to wave me down

Meh...it was worth a try :p. Where abouts in Canada are you heading? It's a big place...bigger then the US.

BTW - your truck would probably be crap in the snow with those tires. Mud tires are junk in the snow. The tread in the tire just fills with ice and snow and they turn into slicks.

Dbrown843 12-07-2009 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Sisk (Post 272425)
Meh...it was worth a try :p. Where abouts in Canada are you heading? It's a big place...bigger then the US.

BTW - your truck would probably be crap in the snow with those tires. Mud tires are junk in the snow. The tread in the tire just fills with ice and snow and they turn into slicks.

ughhhh london/ ontario?
i think, im not quite sure, my girlfriend knows for sure, too bad shes taking her last final.

but from what i have herd, mud grapplers are a very good snow tire. but dont hold me up to that.

Sisk 12-07-2009 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Dbrown843 (Post 272464)
ughhhh london/ ontario?
i think, im not quite sure, my girlfriend knows for sure, too bad shes taking her last final.

but from what i have herd, mud grapplers are a very good snow tire. but dont hold me up to that.

Well that sucks...thats a 2 day drive away from me lol. There are a lot of members you could meet up with though if you're headed to the London area. Be sure to get in touch with them!
As for the mud grapplers, they could very well be. I've never used mud tires in the winter so I can't really speak from experience...I was just going on what I had heard (should have put that in my post lol). It would make sense that they would clog up with snow and ice though and not be much good.

C.Blazer 12-07-2009 11:44 AM

Perfect, London is 15mins from me. You can drive up in your truck, fly home and be a couple grand richer :) Saves me the trip too lol and is right around when I want to be buying a new one.

Logan 12-07-2009 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Sisk (Post 272425)
Mud tires are junk in the snow. The tread in the tire just fills with ice and snow and they turn into slicks.

Mud tires are GREAT in deep snow. **** on ice and hard packed snow.

Dbrown843 12-07-2009 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sisk (Post 272489)
Well that sucks...thats a 2 day drive away from me lol. There are a lot of members you could meet up with though if you're headed to the London area. Be sure to get in touch with them!
As for the mud grapplers, they could very well be. I've never used mud tires in the winter so I can't really speak from experience...I was just going on what I had heard (should have put that in my post lol). It would make sense that they would clog up with snow and ice though and not be much good.

Very true, i will be posting it up when i head that way.
I really do want to drive, but with gas, and stuff i may have to fly.

Originally Posted by C.Blazer (Post 272495)
Perfect, London is 15mins from me. You can drive up in your truck, fly home and be a couple grand richer :) Saves me the trip too lol and is right around when I want to be buying a new one.

hahaha well if i was to drive up, the price for the truck stands at 6grand, but then you also gotta pay for mine and my ladys flight home :) hahahaha

Originally Posted by Logan (Post 272585)
Mud tires are GREAT in deep snow. **** on ice and hard packed snow.

damn, now i really wanna go hit some snow

old skool luvr 12-08-2009 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Dbrown843 (Post 272804)
Very true, i will be posting it up when i head that way.
I really do want to drive, but with gas, and stuff i may have to fly.

well, be sure to post something in the Southern Ontario thread when you're ready to pop up for a visit. and don't worry about having to fly. i'd be happy to meet you @ Pearson and show you around.

Dbrown843 12-08-2009 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr (Post 272815)
well, be sure to post something in the Southern Ontario thread when you're ready to pop up for a visit. and don't worry about having to fly. i'd be happy to meet you @ Pearson and show you around.

thanks man, that would be nice.
thanks.

C.Blazer 12-08-2009 09:34 AM

No Chris he has to fly. Ill call an even $6500 by the time your ready to come up because youll have more miles on it lol and it shouldnt be much to fly home.

zedartwo 12-08-2009 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Dbrown843 (Post 272885)
thanks man, that would be nice.
thanks.

hopefully by that time im working there! @ pearson I mean. Airport security here i come haha.

Dbrown843 12-08-2009 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by C.Blazer (Post 272941)
No Chris he has to fly. Ill call an even $6500 by the time your ready to come up because youll have more miles on it lol and it shouldnt be much to fly home.

hahah by june the price actually may be up
iron front bumper custom made :), winch,
Upgraded engine, built transmission.
we will see. we will see.

Sisk 12-08-2009 01:46 PM

Ohhh...I like the sounds of that bumper idea... :icon_drool:

Dbrown843 12-08-2009 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by zedartwo (Post 273007)
hopefully by that time im working there! @ pearson I mean. Airport security here i come haha.

hahaa oh shi* i see a random search coming around.

Originally Posted by Sisk (Post 273045)
Ohhh...I like the sounds of that bumper idea... :icon_drool:

haha yes yes :)
i am very excited. but its going to be like an arb bumper, added onto it will be a bull bar, four two hooks(two open ones, two closed ones), four lights, all KC lights. :)

P.S. sorry for kinda thread hi-jacking! ":icon_doh:

zedartwo 12-08-2009 07:19 PM

so how bout this weather lately? lol

Blazer_boy 12-27-2009 11:38 AM

Lol. well guys my latest adventure i said i was gona post pictures...i kinda got my camera wet so...not like it was to exciting any ways...boxing day sales here i come!