Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Been a lil while!

Old 08-19-2009, 07:00 PM
ghost is on a distinguished road
Default Been a lil while!

Since I've been on this board. I found a local group of guys here and have been chatting with them and getting some tips n tricks. But anyway, replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump, fuel lines, tranny coolant lines, fan, and the radiator. So it's finally all back together. Had a problem with mud on the inside of my rim well which was causing a slow leak. Wally World fix that problem for me cheap. But went out a couple days ago, this CJ was out with me for 20 minutes before it hit a soft spot on the hill climb sending the fan into the radiator. So of course the Chevy towed it out. Here are the pics:

Then today got the top off my Blazer finally. I needed a set of Temper Proof Torx, here are some pics with my fingers in the way:

So, what's new? How's everybody been?

Old 08-19-2009, 07:03 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Lookin good topless man!
haha I was going through my sig gallery the other day and saw your sig. I was thinking "man, I haven't seen Ghost around in a while...wonder where he's been?" lol..and here you are.
Nice pics btw, thats a nasty gash in that jeeps radiator...what a way to ruin a day on the trails lol. I love the decal you got on the Blazer too. I never noticed it before. I've seen Jeep recovery and Ford recovery teams, but never an H2 one. I lol'd.
What's new with you, besides all the new parts on the truck?

Old 08-19-2009, 07:15 PM

Work, work, and more work... Between that, my son, and workin on the rig nothing much really. The crew that I'm wheeling with now is INSANE! The stuff on their rigs is mostly done at home with some metal and a welder. Here are some of the rigs I met up with...

Buggy:

Yota with custom homemade flatbed:

4Runner with custom homemade flatbed:

BTW if anyone is in the Eastern WA area pm me and I can give you a link to meet up with us.

I am hoping to build a ZR2 Trail Rig but start but December!

Old 08-19-2009, 07:17 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

lol...I know the routine of work work and work...more than one of us in that boat, that's for sure.
Love those trucks man..they're nuts!! Looks like a great crew to be running with.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:26 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

That White Yota is pretty BA, she looks like she can handle some uneven terrain pretty well.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:41 PM

That's the kind of stuff I will be needing to build. The fullsize Blazer is kinda wide for most of the trails they ride on around here.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:43 PM
BF Veteran

What about trying to pick up a 1st gen s10 blazer? You could probably get one pretty cheap, and they wouldn't be a bad thing for a trail hog

Old 08-19-2009, 09:31 PM

A 1st gen S10 wouldn't be a bad choice. But If all really depends on what is there at the time of purchase.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:31 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Well then make the trails wider! lol

Old 08-19-2009, 11:03 PM

Broke a joint tryin that one. I'm usually pretty good about just looking at 2 trees to see if I'll fit. Just that one time tho, my wheels caught... Snap, bam, ka-boom! It didn't end well. Need a smaller rig for that stuff.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Been a lil while!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.