Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

blazer body lift lets see em!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 03:39 PM
Beginning Member
kwedge243 is on a distinguished road
Default blazer body lift lets see em!

hey guys got my blazer and im looking into body lifts and i know how bad they look with the gap and all if there over a cuple of inches. i was looking a a 2 inch, i would prefer to get that then the rc 2 inch because of price. but anyways can i get a good look at the gaps in the wheel-wells and bumper area! thanks!!!

Old 03-20-2012, 04:03 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by kwedge243
hey guys got my blazer and im looking into body lifts and i know how bad they look with the gap and all if there over a cuple of inches. i was looking a a 2 inch, i would prefer to get that then the rc 2 inch because of price. but anyways can i get a good look at the gaps in the wheel-wells and bumper area! thanks!!!
Yeah, I can get you some pictures a little later on tonight. If you don't like the gaps, they sell gap guards just for this occasion. But I like the gap as the truck is easier to work on. But you know the gap is big when you can reach your hand through the wheel well and touch engine components easily. Also, I can touch a lot of the lift blocks on my blaze fairly easy too. And the bumper gap is little. It is hardly noticeable at all.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:48 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

What i did for the gaps in the rear was get a floor mat from menards for 2 bucks cut it in half drill the wheel well and use the plastic panel tree things to keep them there

Old 03-20-2012, 08:31 PM
IrvJr is on a distinguished road

I used the ORD body mounts and got their 1" spacers to go with. Hardly noticeable.

Last edited by IrvJr; 03-20-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:22 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

1st off it would help knowing what year blazer you have (1st or 2nd gen).
I got my blazer with a 1st gen, 3" body lift installed already from the previous owner. 1st gens had a 3" BL available while 2nd gens (mine) only had 2" as the max. That being said they couldn't install the bumper brackets, so my bumpers are at stock height & the rest is 3" higher.
With some fender & front bumper trimming, 1.5" T-Bar twist & inch longer rear shackles I can run 32" x 11.5" tires on Pro Comp Rock Crawler 10" wide rims.
I have some aluminum checker plate I'm going to get powdercoated & place in the bumper to body gaps as well & undercoat the frame to hide the nastyness lol.
I'd love to get some automatic running boards that deploy & then hide. Not that I need them, but passengers sometimes do because my blazer is 3" or so taller than a stock ZR2.

<edit> With a good BL, properly installed - what gaps are you talking about? The body should be up 2" higher & you'll see more frame, that's all. The bumpers should be raised along with the body because of the brackets that should be included. As for the gaps in the fenderwells between the body & frame, look up Gap Guards. I got a front & back set for around $100 that are made for a 2nd gen blazer.
It does look sorta silly seeing a truck raised up & you can see right through the other side above the frame etc. Gap Guards fix that issue.

Last edited by Rottidog; 03-20-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Rottidog

<edit> With a good BL, properly installed - what gaps are you talking about? The body should be up 2" higher & you'll see more frame, that's all. The bumpers should be raised along with the body because of the brackets that should be included. As for the gaps in the fenderwells between the body & frame, look up Gap Guards. I got a front & back set for around $100 that are made for a 2nd gen blazer.
It does look sorta silly seeing a truck raised up & you can see right through the other side above the frame etc. Gap Guards fix that issue.
What are you talking about? It's not like your bumper will line up snug like stock height. Bumper brackets only get your bumper up so far. I still have space in between my bumper and grille. Every body lift does this.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:36 AM
Beginning Member
kwedge243 is on a distinguished road

I have a 99 4dr everything is stock. Once I get the cash Imma buy a body I think. Now I like the bulldog style lifts can I do the 2In body and and a 2in rc up front?

Last edited by kwedge243; 03-22-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:08 PM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tibby
What are you talking about? It's not like your bumper will line up snug like stock height. Bumper brackets only get your bumper up so far. I still have space in between my bumper and grille. Every body lift does this.
Really? The bumper brackets that came with my PA lift brought the front bumper right up to the grill, just as it would be without the BL. Not sure why yours would be any different.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Default .

Originally Posted by Red 96'
Really? The bumper brackets that came with my PA lift brought the front bumper right up to the grill, just as it would be without the BL. Not sure why yours would be any different.
I'm not really sure either. I have the same pa body lift you do and have a space between mine. It isn't that big of a space, but a space nonetheless.

All the body lifts I've seen have had a similar space right there.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Default .

Originally Posted by kwedge243
Here are the gaps in the wheel wells OP.

Front:

Front:

Rear:

Rear:

Quick Reply: blazer body lift lets see em!