Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Blazin the Forest

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 11:33 PM
Starting Member
KA3AX is an unknown quantity at this point

I just used the regular spray-paint (for BBQ grills, it holds a little better). But I bet power coating would be the optimal solution. I did it with my cousin in about two hours for all 4 wheels and we love the way it looked... kind of "military" style?!

Old 10-07-2009, 06:09 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I noticed them too, but I was more interested in the paint job on the truck since that's what I want done eventually lol. I like the rims though, they look good. I'm painting my stock ones this weekend. I haven't decided if I'll do all black, or tape off a section like you did.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:43 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Your truck looked great, love the wheels and lights can't wait to see what new truck is like =D

Old 10-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Sisk
... I was more interested in the paint job on the truck since that's what I want done eventually lol.
I actually didn't paint it. When I first bought the truck, it was all glossy black except the right quarter panel was spray-painted flat black. The previous owner told me that the triangular side glass was smashed in the process of robbery and it was scratched so that is why they spray painted it around that area. So when I bought it for $500, I decided - since I'm going to go to the forest on it and scratch it up anyway, why should I dump money into painting that part glossy black again. I decided to go the other way as I always wanted a flat black SUV .

Now, how I did it? It's simple - put a mid-grade scuff pad to the original paint. It is not the professional way to do it but I don't feel like this car is worth it. Plus, this doesn't look too bad!

Hope this doesn't sound too confusing

Old 10-07-2009, 11:17 AM
amazinnblazin is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome!

Old 10-07-2009, 11:30 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by KA3AX
I actually didn't paint it. When I first bought the truck, it was all glossy black except the right quarter panel was spray-painted flat black. The previous owner told me that the triangular side glass was smashed in the process of robbery and it was scratched so that is why they spray painted it around that area. So when I bought it for $500, I decided - since I'm going to go to the forest on it and scratch it up anyway, why should I dump money into painting that part glossy black again. I decided to go the other way as I always wanted a flat black SUV .

Now, how I did it? It's simple - put a mid-grade scuff pad to the original paint. It is not the professional way to do it but I don't feel like this car is worth it. Plus, this doesn't look too bad!

Hope this doesn't sound too confusing
Nope, not confusing at all. Whenever I do mine (wayy down the road) I'll have to do it properly since I'm going from Blue to Black. I know a few painters though, so it shouldnt be a problem .

Old 10-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Starting Member

Hey guys,

Sorry for not getting back for so long. I have uploaded 76 pictures of my Blazer project to photobucket, and decided to just show everyone the whole process!!!

Here is the the link to the pictures: http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/n...zer%20Project/

And here is the descriptions in order:

First day I bought the Blazer
Took it apart to get the engine swapped in, because I bought it without an engine.
The red ZR2 Blazer was the donor car. Took the engine with tranny from it.
Painted and cleaned up the black blazer and got it ready for the fresh engine and tranny.
Power plant swap pictures
All fixed up and on the road
Kayaking trip to South Carolina
Off-roading
Hauling crazy huge trailer
General pictures of the progress
Then the front bumper/grill guard fabrication and paint
Testing out the flex!
Got my new rims
Installed new steelies with 31" tires
Immediate 2" body lift to stop the rubbing… haha
Then the rear bumper/hitch fabrication and paint
Hauling donor car for my friends honda passport engine swap
Latest off roading pics

I really hope that this is not too confusing. Just open the pictures in another window and look at them while reading the descriptions above and hopefully this all makes sense.

Enjoy, and let me know some comments.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:13 PM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

that aint just a brush guard thats a gawshdarn tank front bumper holy hell in an handbasket batman!!!!!1

Old 10-13-2009, 02:44 PM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

i like the modds you've done to your truck! especially the "brush" guard that look more likd a tree guard lol

Old 10-13-2009, 08:58 PM
SmokeDogg is an unknown quantity at this point

damn now thats a hit-sh**-bar, and i like the rear bumper too, i want something like that on mine

Quick Reply: Blazin the Forest