Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Camp NL 2006 PICS & VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 03:10 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute
Default Camp NL 2006 PICS & VIDEO

OK, guys, so Camp NL was fabulous. The onloy bad thing was that on our second trail run we ran into some issues before we even left the pavement, then it showballed from there. Our gunner busted his tie rod when we were at Tim Hortons getting coffee (don't know, don't ask). So we had to wait for a replacement guide to come in to town to meet us. Then we get to the trail, and our guide was told that he had to enter the trail from a different way because trees were down in the usual entrance from a tornado. So, off we go down this road only to discover that it does not, in fact, lead anywhere but back to the highway. We get on the cell and find out the original guide that was supposed to come was actually thinking of a different trail, and we could have entered the trail as usual.

Back we go to the main road, only to discover that we have to wait 1 hr before we can get on the road. There was a rally going on at the same time and they were in the middle of their time trials. So, we sat down for lunch since we had to wait anyway. At this point, one of our trucks was overheating (thermostat), so he needed to be pulled back (45 min drive back to camp). The second guide was pulling him back as soon as the rally was finished, and the rest of us were going to FINALLY get to the trail. But, at this point, we were pretty disheartened and just not in the mood anymore, so we headed back with the two trucks along with our friend Brad in his TJ and made the long trip back to camp that took about 1.5 hrs because we were pulling the overheated Cherokee home.

Soooo... we only got to do one trail run on Friday, which these pics are of. Sunday we were too tired and hungover to do a trail, so we just packed up and headed home. We still had a great time despite all the stuff on Saturday and we're for sure going next year. The best part of this weekend is it is all in support of a local charity for health services in the rural areas in which we offroad, so it is helping to establish a good name for the offroading community as well.

So, with no further stalling...

LINK TO PICS

The videos need to be compressed first, so I'll let you know when I get them up.

Old 08-21-2006, 06:12 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: Camp NL 2006 PICS & VIDEO

omg! those pics are AWESOME! that one of the red jeep all decked out in mud... freaking GREAT!!! hahaahaha i want that for a wallpaper!!!

Old 08-21-2006, 06:51 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

awesome!!!

Old 08-21-2006, 07:46 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: Dory

omg! those pics are AWESOME! that one of the red jeep all decked out in mud... freaking GREAT!!! hahaahaha i want that for a wallpaper!!!
That's my friends Jeannette & Dan's Jeep. Their dad is one of the organizers of the weekend. They were our trail guide for the day. I think Jeannette is driving in those pics. He actually broke one of his hubs right before that pic. I'll try to get the video from Jeannette soon. You can hear her in the background while filming Dan coming through it and all you hear is her saying, "What a d**k!" after the crunch. HAHAHA

Old 08-22-2006, 02:55 AM
ceanern is an unknown quantity at this point

lol... Is it the same time every year? And is the majority of them Jeeps there or is there other types of vehicles as well?

Old 08-22-2006, 10:44 AM
Administrator

It's like 99% Jeep products. We had a Suzuki and a Ford F-350 on our trail runs and that's about it. I saw a few Toyotas, no Blazers.

Oops..I forgot to answer you....yes, it is always in August every year.

Old 08-22-2006, 11:08 AM
ceanern is an unknown quantity at this point

any vehicle requirments? Ie certian amount of lift? snorkle?

Old 08-22-2006, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Nope, it runs from stock vehicles to crazy buggies. They have different levels of trails to run, plus they run a "Camp NL College" for beginners to learn basics. We ran 2-3 trails, but they run all the way up to 4++. The 2-3 trails were fairly challenging, but still fun. I saw some stockers going on trails.

Old 08-22-2006, 12:45 PM
mtncrsr is an unknown quantity at this point

all i can say is damnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
and i miss CA. mountains when the snow starts melting.
oh and i loe the pics thanks 4 sharing

Old 08-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a great time!!!

Quick Reply: Camp NL 2006 PICS & VIDEO