Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Cops got me...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 04:03 PM
deegan26 is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a no trespassing sign but its facing the opposite way that I was coming, so I didn't see it and the property is owned by the state, so I'm going to take a chance, plead not guilty, tell the judge I didn't see any no trespassing signs and hope the judge likes off roading.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:12 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Wow lol who turned it around? xD

Old 01-11-2010, 06:49 PM

no one the road curves at such an extreme angle that its faced perpendicular to the road and too far to the other side that i couldn't see it... and i have court tomorrow so i'm hoping the off road gods are on my side

Old 01-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road
Talking

Originally Posted by deegan26
There is a no trespassing sign but its facing the opposite way that I was coming, so I didn't see it and the property is owned by the state, so I'm going to take a chance, plead not guilty, tell the judge I didn't see any no trespassing signs and hope the judge likes off roading.
i sure hope he does too. shoulda ran what are the cops gonna do anyways chase you? not offroad they sure aint. but if they did you would be worse off than you are now

Old 01-11-2010, 07:51 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Well good luck! let us know the outcome!

Old 01-11-2010, 08:10 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

running or attempting to run would have been the worst call ever. one good glace at your rear plate and you are done dealing you handled it corretly except for worrying about having a knife in your car you could have a damn katana on your back and it wouldnt have mattered any

Old 01-11-2010, 08:58 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ABN31B
running or attempting to run would have been the worst call ever. one good glace at your rear plate and you are done dealing you handled it corretly except for worrying about having a knife in your car you could have a damn katana on your back and it wouldnt have mattered any
Cops tend to frown upon concealed weapons. But then again, unless it's in plain sight they would need a search warrant to find it.
I also keep a knife in my truck, but it's never crossed my mind anytime that I got pulled over. It's in my centre console, so there is no way they will get to see it except with a search warrant lol.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:19 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sisk
Cops tend to frown upon concealed weapons. But then again, unless it's in plain sight they would need a search warrant to find it.
I also keep a knife in my truck, but it's never crossed my mind anytime that I got pulled over. It's in my centre console, so there is no way they will get to see it except with a search warrant lol.
And by that time, Its gone dun disappeared! Shucks!

Old 01-11-2010, 09:22 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Want to play a funny game next time you are stopped and asked if you will consent to a search? Say sure officer....then wait for the search to begin. as soon as they get to something interesting (i.e. glove box or center console) say clearly "I am revoking my consent for you to search my vehicle."

By law this does not consitute Porbably Cause, so it can not be used to further a new search. If the search continues, it is un-lawful. This will not work on a frisk as it only requires "reasonable suspicion" which is less than PC. Also gear IN your vehicle may not be searched with out seperate consent (i.e. back packs, boxes, etc). So consent to a search, consent to your back back, deny access to the duffle on the floor board, then revoke the vehicle search if you want to see a frustrated cop

BE SURE you have no dead bodies/drugs/illegal weapon in the vehicle when doing this OR have all of that crap and make it all inadmissable by the "unlawful search" rules. thanks constitution, your 4th amendment wasa useful after all!

pocket knives are not concealed weapons up to a certain length, and in the good ol' U S of A, you can walk down the street with a high powered, scope rifle strapped to your back so long as you stay out of government building, building that prohibit weapons (banks/schools/etc) and lots of other fun facts. as soon as you tuck your 2.5" hammerless titanium .38+p in you belt and your t-shirt covers it, you're screwed with out a concealed carry permit AND a 'holster' as it may be.

there are even more fun ways to transport fire arms so as too keep it legit. i like to buckle my PAR-3 into the passenger seat
i leave the mags in the case in the trunk though

back to the topic at hand, good luck in court. dress nice, and shave!

Last edited by ABN31B; 01-11-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:22 PM

Spectreblazer, that wouldv'e been a big mistake on my part and that also wouldve been impossible cause as i was going up the very tight road they were coming down so i wouldv'e been screwed. haha

Quick Reply: Cops got me...