Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Deepest snow driven in?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 09:39 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
lol just take the plastic part of ur bumper off. I hate that thing. I think it looks better without it
yeah,i was thinking the same thing when i saw nogi's truck. he kiinda ripped off one corner he said, and just ditched the whole lower half.

looks meaner that way.......like a real truck *snicker* should!

problem is, mine had the bright work on the front end (chrome) and the bumper would look really stupid with the slots in it. besides, my RF coener is almost completely cracked off now (original ower broke both side on snow banks), so maybe i'll get the other styled skin, and just buy the "smooth" chrome bumper instead.

Last edited by old skool luvr; 02-22-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:44 PM
99blaz is on a distinguished road

About 2 1/2 feet last year. With ****ty tires and snow above the bumper I got stuck. I wrangler tried to pull me out but just spun its tires. Finally jerked my blazer enough for me to get some traction and drive out.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

3FT 2 weeks ago.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:49 PM
Beginning Member
londonmazda is on a distinguished road

we got 4 feet of snow in just under 2 days here in canada 2 winters ago, snow above the headlights on my friends CRV. lol

Old 02-23-2010, 09:48 PM
Beginning Member
02BeachBlazer is on a distinguished road

Yall are lucky asses man. here in texas it hasnt even gotten cold enough for snow to even think about falling. Im from Virginia and i love snow and im pissed that texas never makes that happen for me.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:52 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

I'm still sitting on a record of driving through 0 inches of snow.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:55 PM
mtnwomanar is on a distinguished road

So far, I've made it through about a foot and a half of snow...but it wasn't too wet either...makes a HUGE dif!!! I LOVE the K5 for the deeper snow/mud....I'll try and get some pics of my "driveway".... with the beast on it.... I have 2 miles of forest service logging road for a driveway..... tons of fun!!!

Old 02-23-2010, 10:14 PM
Starting Member
taba5 is on a distinguished road

couple years back when i got my 97 i went through my father in laws yard of about 1.5 ft of powdery snow for firewood... other than that I had mud up to the frame rails on the 97 over the summer with no problems.. snow is a way different creature than mud lol

Old 02-24-2010, 03:29 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

This past Monday we had probably 8-10 inches and i actually got stuck in my buddies driveway, he ended up bouncing on my rear bumper to help me gain traction... it worked...

The worst was this year 2 feet of snow in Traverse City at my girlfriends house (we both go to MSU) her dad had to pull me up the hill in front of their house with his 99 dodge ram

Old 02-24-2010, 03:12 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Tires... Tires....Tires
Its all in the tires.

deepest snow on or off road?

Ive driven thriugh 2' of plow packed snow on and off road.

8-12" of snow in a field, then through a snow bank after climbing a small hill. I made two laps so you could see the tire tracks from the first pass, and a couple photos at the end to show how deep it was and the tires.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6urte0ooRg

Quick Reply: Deepest snow driven in?