Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Freshly installed then off-roading.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 11:48 PM
ceanern is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Freshly installed then off-roading.

Posted these under another person post but I'm not sure if they ever worked for everyone I now know they will work. i'm having a difficult time deciding if I want to keep these rims and go with a suspension lift or body lift. Or if I want to sell them and go with 15" x 8" rim instead. but on to the pics

Let me know what your guys/gals thoughts are.

Old 08-05-2006, 12:04 AM
Kellen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Freshly installed then off-roading.

what are the specs on those wheels/tires

Old 08-05-2006, 12:23 AM

29x10.5R15 the actuall rim size is 15"x10" The tires are super swamper TSL/SX

Old 08-05-2006, 01:44 AM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

holey crap battman!!! those be some big tires!!!

Old 08-05-2006, 03:13 AM
mtncrsr is an unknown quantity at this point

man those tires are nice.save up for a lift next. just my thoughts!

Old 08-05-2006, 12:17 PM

They throw the mud pretty dang good. The only thing is I'm not sure if I want a 2" suspension or just go with a 2" body lift. The only other problem is I'm gonna need fender flares. But I just need to find out how big of a fender flare they fit pretty dang good on the rear just the front is where i'm gonna have the problems and is where I'm running into problems.

Old 08-06-2006, 02:32 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

LEt me guess, your hitting the rear of the fender on the outside by the body?
What is the backspacing on those rims?

Personally if it was mine, 2" body lift. Save the demaro and do a solid axle swap.

Those tires look awesome on your truck. I love it.

Old 08-06-2006, 02:43 AM

That is what I was thinking. It is the outside edge. just barely catching it. I need to get fender flares tho. cause there illegal as of right now. And in pa they said it is like 100 each tire that sticks out past the body line. Only problem is they are fine on the rear only about 1" maybe 1 1/2" the front is like 2 1/2" I think. i like the IFS but at the same time dislike it cause I need to get my cv shaft boots redone. Possibly new shafts so I know I don't need to worry about them busting. I already busted the water pump my first hard day of off-roading. I think it was probably already going I just aided it the rest of the way. I wouldn't mind doing that axle swap but I know Pa has some really crappy lift laws.

Old 08-06-2006, 04:01 PM
flowmasta is an unknown quantity at this point

that sucks i love the way those tires look....beefy is better try finding fender flares off a junked zr2 or something to keep the cost down.....and y did u choose a 2" lift

Old 08-06-2006, 04:28 PM

I havn't gotten a lift just yet. Right now it is sitting stock. I want a 4" lift but not something that is easily found for a 99 2 dr. Plus PA has some strict lift laws. And the main ppl that will be a pain with them are local law enforcement. Also with the trails in my area which is like 2 maybe 4 There isn't really anything need super ground clearence. I've cleared most everything with my stock suspension and stock tires on it other than my towing hitch. But that is because I never took the receiver off the back end other than that I have cleared everything I've come across. I Have a heavier duty shocks on the blazer being Rancho RSX shocks. But I've still managed to bust up a bump stop since getting them but since then I releveled the front end by cranking my torsion bar. I have a sag or weak passanger side torsion bar I believe because that is cranked full. and the drivers side is about halfway and it is just sitting level in the front. and I have weak leaf's on passanger side. I also figured with a 2" lift being i'm probably going body lift for now with bigger tires will pretty much be good for now. Also this is my wifes daily driver til we can get a more econmical car for her. Then it will only be used for offroading, towing, camping, and winter time use being a I spend 2 hours round trip to work and don't want to be caught without a 4x4.

Quick Reply: Freshly installed then off-roading.