Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

got bored..took the bravada to the "pit"

Old 04-26-2010, 02:36 AM
Starting Member
97Bravada is on a distinguished road
Default got bored..took the bravada to the "pit"

well lil update..i finally sorted out my truck ownership issue..im being given the suv asap.

well anyway on to the topic...i was out to my grandmas today and figured id test the 4x4 up in the big *** sand/dirt pit that my grandma has on her land..well it went pretty well,despite having pretty much street tires on my SUV.And i found out that the rear suspension can flex pretty well for stock,the front was a pretty good too though not as good..so despite having pretty much street tires on it and stock suspension,it was decent in the dirt/sand/rocks,onto the pics

Hill #1

hill #2

hill #3

and i was bored a few wks ago and i was puttin in my new JVC HU so i painted the dash surround of my SUV white..it looks decent to me

Last edited by 97Bravada; 04-26-2010 at 02:41 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:00 AM
Starting Member

wow no replies yet..you guys are slackin lol

Old 04-29-2010, 10:11 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Nice,I wish I had a place like that around here to go to.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:47 AM
Starting Member

lol yeah nvr actually realized how nice it was to have till now even as a kid tearin it up in my go-kart(when u have a tuner car u dont look to offroad haha) but now i see it as a hell of a lotta fun lol glad my grandma has it in her land

Old 04-30-2010, 08:46 AM
Joemakerman is on a distinguished road

Haha how much land does she have for you to run around on?

-Joe

Old 04-30-2010, 08:58 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Question... that dash bezel looks like it has a smooth finish... maybe just the pic but did you Bondo it or something?

Old 04-30-2010, 09:40 AM
Starting Member
taba5 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by oktain View Post
Question... that dash bezel looks like it has a smooth finish... maybe just the pic but did you Bondo it or something?
if you look super close on the right side of the bezel you can see some roughness in the finish... I thought about smoothing mine, and thats some work that im currently to lazy to do.. haha

I went mudding in my Bravada a little after i bought the truck to make sure the AWD end of everything worked. surprisingly, even up to the frame rails in mud the truck went through no problem, and the tires were not massively offroad friendly haha... on the downside i was cleaning mud off of it for the next few weeks

Old 04-30-2010, 04:46 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Joemakerman View Post
Haha how much land does she have for you to run around on?

-Joe
idk the exact ache-rage but there's extensive woods w/ trails that take a lot of it up,so the big pit is the only real off-roading area unfortunately .I do wish there were more open areas but oh well ,but theirs a creek and an island so its pretty cool to go there and explore.

Originally Posted by oktain View Post
taba5 is right,its just the picture that makes it look smooth. its the same rough finish as most bezels are..im not really a fan of smooth,plus i don't have the patience to even use bondo haha

Originally Posted by taba5 View Post
if you look super close on the right side of the bezel you can see some roughness in the finish... I thought about smoothing mine, and thats some work that im currently to lazy to do.. haha

I went mudding in my Bravada a little after i bought the truck to make sure the AWD end of everything worked. surprisingly, even up to the frame rails in mud the truck went through no problem, and the tires were not massively offroad friendly haha... on the downside i was cleaning mud off of it for the next few weeks
haha im with you on the too lazy thing..not worth it to me much.
I kinda cant do any heavy off-roading untill i get this mysterious transfer case noise figured out.im gonna get it into the shop nxt week to really get it looked at by a transmission shop near me. The owner is saying it seems as if the chain is slipping or something but it doesnt do it when turning or stopping. so they really don't have a definite answer but hopefully will have one soon.

Last edited by swartlkk; 04-30-2010 at 05:34 PM. Reason: *Combining Consective Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add information to your post if another member has yet to reply. If replying to multiple people, please use the multi-quote feature.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:23 AM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

Where in NY is this?

Old 05-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by PaulO2288 View Post
Where in NY is this?
the Central NY area..prolly 30-40 miles north/west of Syracuse

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: got bored..took the bravada to the "pit"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.