Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

got stuck

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Starting Member
DaveC is on a distinguished road
Default got stuck

so it finally snowed and i figured it would be a good idea to go down some of the trails with the snow there, well i ended up falling into some super deep ruts which i had made weeks ago through a swampy section of field and since the ground was just frozen i bottomed out and completely high centered with both rear tires spinning and my passengerside front digging in the swamp i wasnt going anywhere. hooked a tow strap to buddy's jimmy and broke it trying to yank and i didnt even move and inch. SO i left it overnight and came back in the morning with a snow blower some wood and a jack and a new strap. and after hour and a half of digging we finnally got it out with some spriited yanking.

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._1696242_n.jpg
When i got stuck ^^^^

As close as the 2wd Sierra could get that we used to haul everything out the truck the next morning

Frozen in the mud after sitting all night^^^

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...2_172542_n.jpg

after 1.5hours work finally got it ready too be pulled out ^^^^

Success^^^

Thanks Londonmazda^^

Last edited by DaveC; 01-03-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

lol you guys are to much lol i'm glad i didn't have to call my sister to get one of our friends to pull you BOTH out :P i was gonna wait until morning to see that mazda said on his post about you being stuck lol

Old 01-03-2010, 10:45 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Ouch, that sucks lol! Looks like quite the operation you performed to get unstuck. Great pics though. It really shows the fun (and not so fun parts) of winter wheeling

Old 01-04-2010, 03:27 AM
GMJimmy is on a distinguished road

Haha! The picture of the tire frozen in the ground is insane. Glad you got her out!

Old 01-04-2010, 03:52 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

At least you didn't have to wait till spring to get her out, congrats on getting her out.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Logan is on a distinguished road

lol...I got stuck plowing the other day...all I can say, is invest in a high lift jack...

Old 01-11-2010, 05:55 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

I just picked a highlift jack up and well i dont nessesarly want to get stuck but i would like to try it out.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:39 PM
Beginning Member
londonmazda is on a distinguished road

he got stuck again... about 5 feet away from where i got horribly stuck and had to dig myself out with my own runningboard that broke off not even a week ago.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:26 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

this reminds me of the last time I got stuck... only I was in a construction site and it was 10:00 at night and no one could come and pull me out.. me and my friend were digging for two and a half hours and we almost gave up but decided to call AAA as a last resort luckily they pulled me out. That icy mud can be treacherous

Old 01-13-2010, 10:37 PM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

Sweet pics. Looks like you had a blast getting out. lol

Quick Reply: got stuck