Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Got Stuck Bad

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 01:46 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough
Default Got Stuck Bad

Well today has been a long day for me to begin with and it all started about me and my friend are remodeling a basement and its not going exactly the way we want it to so we were on edge all day and finally when we decided to quit I knew we were both thinking about letting it all out by going 4 wheeling. We already had our spot picked out it was a big ol' construction site that looked like it would be fun to shoot some snow and a little mud. We were doing really good until I saw this raised incline looking thing that I wanted to climb up on really bad. I made it up pretty good and I realised it was one of those bulldozer paths raised up. So i figured I'd drive down this thing and see where it goes it was a little rough to begin with but nothing too big right? Wrong.. I almost made it to the end when I hit I guess it was a rut and my whole front end just kind of dove down into it and the whole front end was pretty much blocked off from going forward. My back wheels just dug down into the slushy snowy mud of this what I thought was a bulldozer path. It only gets worse from here so my friend and I try and push, rock it, and even dig it out. [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Ryan/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]We were going on with this for more than 2 hours and we just look at each other and we are like dude we are so screwed since it was a construction yard and all. I knew I couldn't call my mom because she would be so mad that I got the blazer stuck so that was the very last of last resorts. We both try to call our girlfriends to see if they could at least come and get us but they were both sleeping. This is about 1 in the morning at this point. Then it all dawned on me that I have AAA but i wasn't sure if they would pull me out since I was kind of trespassing or whatever and it wasn't on the main road. Luckily the road was maybe 20 yards or less from where I was stuck and I have a good amount of length of tow straps. So I'm like I might as well call AAA and see if they can do it. Sure enough within not even 30 minutes they were there hooked me up and pulled me out. This was the worst stuck I've ever been and I was lucky I didn't flip my truck or break anything. But now if I'm stuck somewhere and no one else can help I can call AAA as long as I'm near by a paved road. The guys that pulled me out were really nice about it I'm kind of glad it wasn't some grumpy old guy. I gave them a $20 tip since it was so late at night and they came so i thought that was the nice thing to do. I need some bigger tires with better treads next time I try something like that again... and I want all 4 of my wheels to have equal power not just one in the back and one in the front...

I'm headed in the direction again tomorrow to finish the basement me and my friend are working on I'll try and take some pictures of the spot I got stuck

Old 12-22-2009, 07:52 AM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

Pictures damn it!!!!!!

Old 12-22-2009, 08:57 AM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL. You gotta watch those ramps pushed up by 'dozers. Sometimes if the guy runnning it is lazy the "ramp" has not been tracked in, packed down, and sometimes the just end in a vertical drop. Be careful.

Old 12-22-2009, 09:32 AM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea we need pics!!!!

Old 12-22-2009, 12:02 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

calm down folks! if you read you will see that he TRIED to post a pic, but failed.

if you are going to link ot a pic, it has to be on the interwebs, not your computer. you can ATTACH a file, but you have to do that through a real reply, not a quick reply. you will see manage attachments. this will let you post i think up to 5 attached pics.

use this wisely

also

Old 12-22-2009, 12:07 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Yeah, you can't post a pic with a link from your harddrive lol. That's something that is local to your computer and we can't see it.

For instructions on posting pics click the "How To:Image Posting" link in my sig. Because as mentioned above, this thread is pointless without pics!! It didn't happen without that pic,

Old 12-22-2009, 12:53 PM
Starting Member
C.Blazer is on a distinguished road

Pics are a must. Lol.
Alex, your so helpful Mr. Mad Dog Moderator lol.

Old 12-22-2009, 01:08 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

well I won't have any pics of me being stuck. But I can get some of the place I was stuck I'm going to be headed over there later today. Hopefully the construction workers aren't around

Old 12-22-2009, 02:04 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

if they are, demand that they pack down their launch ramp a little better! a guy could get stuck in this kind of shoddy work!

Old 12-22-2009, 04:47 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

you know........you could just do it all over again for proper pic's.

and since you've been through it once already, you won't waste over 2 hours trying to get out by yourselves. better yet, just have a friend with a truck follow you there, that way he'll be ready & waiting when you need him!

Quick Reply: Got Stuck Bad