Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

got stuck last night!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 05:51 PM
95blazerlt is on a distinguished road
Default got stuck last night!

Went to play in the mud in a new sub-division and it turned out to be ALOT deeper than anticipated. So i called my little bro, he came out with a FS chev p/u, burned out the trans in it, took close to two hours just to get the two trucks apart as the chain was pulled tight, what a mess! So finally i said **** it, called the local tow co. guy came about 15mins later in a flat deck, said no problem, so he drove in a little ways and sunk .. So ****, theres two chevys and a ford flatdeck stuck in the mud. So about 30 mins later a 5 ton wrecker showed up, rescued the other tow truck, then the chevy pickup, then chained up, and came in and got me. After 375$ my truck is finally at home and semi clean, heres a few pics of it before i spent 4 hours powerwashing ...

What are your guys preference as far as a good mud tire, are the BFG's still king?

Attached Thumbnails got stuck last night!-1.jpg   got stuck last night!-2.jpg   got stuck last night!-3.jpg   got stuck last night!-4.jpg  
Old 01-16-2010, 06:05 PM

a shot of it stuck....

Attached Thumbnails got stuck last night!-5.jpg  
Old 01-16-2010, 06:25 PM
Starting Member
speterson1011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default shoot

Sounds like one hell of a mess alright haha. Did you have no traction or just bottom out on the frame?

Old 01-16-2010, 07:54 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Well, I wouldn't have gone out mudding with your tires to begin with but I don't think they are the reason you got stuck. Sure looks like you are highcentered in the pick.

BFG's are good mudders but really just about any mudder is good. If you really want a tire that kicks butt in the mud take a look at Intercos. May not be the best tire for a DD but great when playing in the thick, soupy stuff.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:02 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Shackles or air shocks tbar tweak and if you are going to get new tires get a set of mastercraft courser mt. I have the c/t and they are a a/t type tire and i wish i got the m/t.
http://www.google.com/products?hl=en...ed=0CBQQzAMwAA

Old 01-17-2010, 01:44 AM

Yep highcentered, didn't think it would be that bad in there lol, and yes the tires were garbage.. I have learned a valuable lesson though, for the amount it cost me to get the thing out i could've put a good amount towards some decent tires. I had a look a these today in the local tire shop http://www.federaltire.com/en/html/p...pdline=2&ID=28
they were 115.00 each installed for a 31/10.50..
I was in the parts store today and they had no clue what i was talking about as far as longer shackles.. is this a US item only or something? they only showed the stock replacement... Were do i get such a thing off the internet?

Old 01-17-2010, 02:17 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

jump on and search "95 blazer lift shackle" go to shopping section, and refine by lowest price to highest. pick the +2" shackles from e-bay with as close to $50 as you can get (free shipping is a plus)

as for tires can't help you mang, BUT those look like they would like your mud pit quite a bit more

as for getting stuck and having a camera

i learned that lesson a while back. always check the water BEFORE you nose dive it. might bea BIT deeper than expected ( i am still pulling sand out of the inside of my doors

Attached Thumbnails got stuck last night!-lmao-long-live-submarine-truck-thats-100%25-unadulterated-nc-red-sand-baby-.jpg  
Old 01-17-2010, 05:03 AM
Starting Member
Bad Attitude is on a distinguished road

Next time try using the loud pedal a bit more no substitute for right foot power

Old 01-17-2010, 06:55 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bad Attitude
Next time try using the loud pedal a bit more no substitute for right foot power
As my idol Jeremy Clarkson would say,

POOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR RRRRRRRRR

Old 01-17-2010, 09:05 AM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

In my opinion, BFGs are overrated and not worth the money. I've been with people who had the BFG MTs on there rigs and had trouble going through stuff that my tires would go through like it was a Sunday walk in the park. Looks like you had a fun time with the mud.

Quick Reply: got stuck last night!