Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

How does this sound?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 01:16 PM
kankoon52 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How does this sound?

So im lifting my 2001 4x4 2dr gmc jimmy for my christmas present. this is what i plan on getting so how do you guys think this would look?

truck: 2001 GMC Jimmy 4x4 2dr
wheels: 5Black Pro Comprock crawler series 97 15"x7" on 4.5 backspacing
Tires: 531"x10.50" BFG Mud Terrains
Lift: 2" Tbar crank daystar 1.5" rear Shackles anda fabtech longadd a leaf (for towing my trailer) and a 2" body lift (with the gap guards from synergy offroad)

do you guys think i could make this work with minor trimming of the fenders and such? and do you think it would sit level or close to it with a 2" tbar crank in the front and the 1.5" shackles and add a leaf inthe rear? i priced it up and its either spend $290 more for 31" tires or dont get the body lift and gap guards and just get 30" tires.

oh and im getting 5 wheels and tires because i plan tobuild an offroad roof rack with a spare tire mount on the back. so how do you guys think this would look? would i rub a bunch with 31's even if i trimmed the fenders and such? i also plan on building some rock sliders and some kind of front bumper or nerf bar for lights and maybe even a rear bumper. im trying to make this a mix of a baja truck/muddin truck. i want to put like 5 big lights on the roof rack with 2 reverse lights on the back and i already have 2 lights in my grill and i plan to add 2 more to the bumper or nerf bar i build. my dad welds for a living so he can weld pretty much anything from aluminum to stainless to titanium (if he has the right machine and other tools)

do you guys think a 2" body lift is a must to clear 31's with no major rubbing? think i could clear them with just the tbar crank, shackles and add a leaf?

so let me know what you think about the lift and everything. thanks guys!

Old 10-10-2007, 02:31 PM
88jimmah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: How does this sound?

I would think the tbar crank and add a leaf would fit them but I do not know from experience. As far as how it will look...I bet it would look great

Check this thread for more detailed info about what tires fit
https://blazerforum.com/m_10637/tm.htm

I also would build my own gap guards, I just think they are all overpriced for what they are...but I am the kind of person that wears my shoes till they fall apart

Old 10-10-2007, 11:45 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

im pretty sure you could fit 31's without the body lift. rcars2 has a similar setup on a 4door except his wheels have less backspacing and theyve got 33" tires on

Old 10-11-2007, 08:19 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

RCars2 has a 2" bodylift and 2"tbar/shackle lift with 33s now with I believe minor rubbing after trimming the fenders. Before he had 2" shackles and tbar crank with 31" BFG ATs that rubbed only at full lock. I would PM him and ask him about his experience.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:12 PM

think i could fit some 32"x11.50 tires with the 2" bl and 2" lift? im thinkin they would be to wide and i wouldnt be able to turn sharp at all without rubbing. anyone think different?

Old 10-20-2007, 11:49 PM
Johnkoch is an unknown quantity at this point

You could with fender trimming and maybe some rims with more backspacing

Old 10-21-2007, 12:09 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Check out another recent thread about your size tires. 11.5" tires are pushing it without tweaking around with backspacing. Hanr3 has posted a few threads about tires and is quite trustworthy on the subject because he's had experience with a couple different trucks and all kinds of lifts/tires/rims/backspacing/trimming/etc.

Old 11-25-2007, 02:24 PM

well i ordered all the stuff i listed except i got 15x8 wheels with the 31" tires. cant wait to get it all and put it on! wheels and tires should come in sometime this week and the other stuff probally not till next week. does synergy offroad usually ship out your order pretty quick?