Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

How much mud can a stock S10-Blazer handle?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 02:30 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default How much mud can a stock S10-Blazer handle?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...5&q=blazer

Looks like fun too me.

video is long, but worth it.

One other thing. this is why I like the S10-Blazer over a fullsize. Watch the end where they have trouble with the fullsize.

Old 12-16-2006, 10:20 PM
lochenjons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: How much mud can a stock S10-Blazer handle?

The end wasnt trouble with a fullsize. that was trouble with a furd

Old 12-16-2006, 11:34 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

ya that things huuuuuuge, those are some nice puddles they found to play in. I'd like to fart around in the 1st on, seem'd like the perfect size.....

Old 12-17-2006, 03:22 AM
iceflames11 is on a distinguished road

Nice find, wish there was mud like that around here...

Old 12-17-2006, 10:57 AM
ceanern is an unknown quantity at this point

defiantely not bad. BUt I think that blazer was suffering some serious abuse. Some of the middle clips the rear tire wasn't even wanting to spin on the one side. Not sure about the other side but didn't look like it wanted to work in the rear. Only the front looked like it wanted to dig.

Old 12-17-2006, 09:40 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Open diffs.
The tire with the least traction will spin on a open diff. This is why lockers make a huge difference. A locker will make both tires on the axle get power. Much harder to get stuck. Had the rear been locked, the video would have been about 30seconds long.

Old 01-16-2007, 07:37 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

The fist gens had an option for the Eaton locker... Stock for stock, they'd probably go farther than mine would in the mud, lol

Then again, my only test has been in some snow, which didn't work out so well...

Old 01-19-2007, 12:22 AM
hrsepwrdrms is an unknown quantity at this point

Sweet Video!!! Way to beat that Blazer!

Old 01-19-2007, 03:52 AM
ceanern is an unknown quantity at this point

the only thing I could see that might be hurting ya if it is the blazer you have described is your standard and they were probably auto. I had a guy at a place I worked at have an stanard and he was driving in some bad weather a plow truck went by and through some snow under his tire and it spun him out and caused him to wreck cause he lost traction. Now with mine which is auto. I have yet to get it stuck where I have had to have help getting unstuck. in snow or mud.

Old 01-22-2007, 09:01 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Stick or auto, it's either the tires fault, or your friends for hittin' the ditch... Heck, if I can _pass_ a snow plow through where his snow is flying (not my smartest idea, but I really had to poop! and there was no other open lanes!) in a 2wd open diffed S10, that's a 5 speed btw, and not leave the road... It's not the vehicles fault

Maybe he wasdriving on the road in 4x4...

Quick Reply: How much mud can a stock S10-Blazer handle?