Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

i got stuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 11:37 AM
mysons95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: im stuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I finished making the How-to instructions for the posi-locking cable system to replace the ever-failing vacuum actuator system.

Click here

I`ll make a new post in the how-to section of this forum as well.

Edit: I tried to post to the Do-it Yourself section, but I see that you can`t post to that section. Any thoughts on where I should post my How-to on the posi-locking system I made?

Old 10-17-2008, 12:35 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

To get a DIY on here, you have to start a thread in the tech section and call it the How-To _____ discussion. Then you can post it, everyone reads it, gives feedback, mods weigh in, and then after your all good and ready, it goes to the DIY forum.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Not to get too far off topic here, but the DIY Submission/Discussion section is in. Give it a try.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:57 PM
myol blue4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: mysons95

OK, I finished making the How-to instructions for the posi-locking cable system to replace the ever-failing vacuum actuator system.

Click here

Edit: I tried to post to the Do-it Yourself section, but I see that you can`t post to that section. Any thoughts on where I should post my How-to on the posi-locking system I made?

Pretty nice write-up, and isnt that what the floor 4x4 shifter engage setup do?

Old 10-17-2008, 04:39 PM

ORIGINAL: myol blue4x4

ORIGINAL: mysons95

Click here

Pretty nice write-up, and isnt that what the floor 4x4 shifter engage setup do?
I'm no expert on the newer trucks, but I know with an old 70`s era Dodge (cough [X(]) Ramcharger my dad had, you pulled a lever which pulled a cable. So, I'd assume (perhaps a huge mistake on my part[:'(]) the same would hold true with newer trucks.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:41 PM

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

Not to get too far off topic here, but the DIY Submission/Discussion section is in. Give it a try.
OK, will do.

And thanks WolfPack...if the DIY section doesn`t work, I`ll try your idea.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:05 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I have gotten the same error lately. The server is being a pain. Large posts often result in this error. A problem due to the hacks we endured a while ago. Nothing I can do about it.

Old 10-18-2008, 02:04 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

myol blue4x4: The lever shift 4x4 method that I think youre talking about just controls the transfer case (early blazers). The posi-lock cable controls the engagement of the front differential to the spinning driveshaft.

The cool thing to me about the cable is that you can have the tranny in 4Lo and get the torque boost, while still being able to drive normally since the front axle is not engaged

And all this is on topic because the OP needs either system!

Old 10-18-2008, 10:56 AM
Blazin_1t_up is an unknown quantity at this point

wait wait wait does myine have the actuater swich

Old 10-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Blazin_1t_up is an unknown quantity at this point

scratch that i found it

Quick Reply: i got stuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!