Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

I hit a tree

Old 04-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Beginning Member
flames1965 is on a distinguished road
Default I hit a tree

I hit a tree and it felt like I was going about 20 km/h = about 12-15 miles.
My dad thinks I was going closer to 50 km/h = about 30ish miles.
There was no engine damage other than when I was driving back to the shop most of my fan blades broke and i cant figure out what broke them.
How fast do you think I was going from the damage it was a fair sized tree.

Attached Thumbnails I hit a tree-tree0.jpg   I hit a tree-tree2.jpg   I hit a tree-tree3.jpg   I hit a tree-tree4.jpg  
Old 04-12-2012, 07:39 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

i dont think you were doing 10-15mph....at least i hope not...or these are not made for any sort of impact at all. you even managed to crush your guard.

well at least you seem to be ok.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:53 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by warthogdriver View Post
i dont think you were doing 10-15mph....at least i hope not...or these are not made for any sort of impact at all. you even managed to crush your guard.

well at least you seem to be ok.

i agree man ... i dont think you were going 15 mph ... sorry but thats to much damage for 15 mph
glad your ok tho
the truck has a frown on it =( its not a happy one

Old 04-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Beginning Member

Ok thanks when my dad asked me how fast I was going it felt like 15 I didnt think to check how fast I was going there was a tree infront of me lol and that gaurd was aluminum Im trying to get some blueprints for a custom steel bumper much like the roadarmor style bumpers so if I do ever hit another tree or anything I will win.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Beginning Member
duallylaid is on a distinguished road

Airbags usually deploy at 35 to 45 mph. They are located on each side of the damage you show, so i make no call.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Beginning Member

So I was probably going anwhere from 20-30 miles maybe and the airbags did not deploy.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:48 PM
Starting Member
Blazer_LT is on a distinguished road

i hit a sstump going for sure 20 and did just about as much damage in my full size 1500. but i only hit and crumpled the fender. and did alot to the core support and blew the radiator. was a sad day. but this just means that you get a chance to learn the whole front end of the truck lol. glad you are alright. hope ya keep her and fix her up

Old 04-13-2012, 12:03 AM
Beginning Member

The most amazing thing about me hitting that tree is I didn't break any fins on my rad or a/c condenser and the only frame work that was bent was the center bumper mounting posts which straightens out nicely with a big pipe wrench I should have it back within the next couple of weeks my dad is doing the work for me as im still in high school and I have none orbs tools to fix it im looking at getting a big bad custom steel bumper with 1/2 reninforcment plates in the center and sides of it so if I ever hit any thing again I will win

Old 04-13-2012, 01:38 AM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Well... lol one way or another Sh*t will bend if you hit something solid going any faster than 20 MPH. 1/2" steel bumper is all fine well and good but the frame is only 1/4" thick. Or you can just avoid solid trees all together and maybe hit a parked Civic or something 1/2" steel bumper will definitely redesign any car you hit lol.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:45 AM
Beginning Member

Yes yes it probably would danm ricers

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I hit a tree

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.