Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

I want to get a new Grille Guard

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 08:39 PM
Bojib is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I want to get a new Grille Guard

I've been looking at some Grille Guards, or Push Bars, or Brush guards, or whatever they are called in your neck of the woods.

I've found a couple different brands that I like so far. One is from a company called go-rhino, and the other is Westin.

I was wondering what you all may have heard about these companies. Good products? Easy installation? Durable? Built to be used not to be looked at?

Also, been wanting to get some Fender Flares as well, what are some good brands of those to look at? I've found some by bushwacker, and some by EGR.

Anywhere I could find some good pics with any of these brands on them? The only pics I've found are of them on different vehicles.

I've been looking on a site called truckmod.com, any experience with these guys? I found them from searching on e-bay.

Old 11-30-2005, 02:16 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: I want to get a new Grille Guard

Grill gaurds protect just the grill.
Brush gaurds are usually attached to grill guards and protect the lights and fenders.
Push guards are like grill guards except you can also use them to push disabled vehicles.
Their are also bull bars, which protect the lower valance in the center of the grill only. Like if you were prerunning your truck.
Typically you can mount lights to grill guards, push guards, and bull bars.

Go-Rino, and Westin are both good brands. If you buy the guard designed for your vehicle, it should be a bolt on affair.

Couple pics of my guard. I use it. I have pushed more then one truck/car with it. I have also used it to pull fence posts, see the ding in the lower bar and cross brace, one post was being stubborn. Plus I live and drive through high deer populations every day. IF I hit one doing 70mpg, I am hoping it won't damage my truck too much.

As for who makes my guard, no idea. I got it for free. The drivers side brush gaurd was bent, I heated it with a torch and straightened it out. Plus I had to make some brackets for it, and moutned it to my tow hook bolt holes. And if you look close, you'll notice the ends of the brush gaurds point the opposite directions of the lights they are designed to protect. I think it is a Westin gaurd and made for a Dakota, but I am not positive and have never really did any reaserch to verify that. I do like the ends up, will protect my fender more if I hit a deer.

Old 12-07-2005, 01:20 AM
Bojib is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: I want to get a new Grille Guard

I lucked out on this one.

My cousin traded off his ZR2 truck, which was a 2000 model, and he took his push bar/brush guards off before trading it. So he cut me a good deal on it. He only had the push bar for about a year, and he never hardly took the truck off road, so it's in great shape. I got it for $75, and he helped me to put it on, which I suppose he only done because I originally helped him put it on his truck.