Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

IL trails?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Beginning Member
aura1 is on a distinguished road
Default IL trails?

Hello! I'm new to the whole blazer 4x4 scene, I own a couple hundred acres of farm land and last night I took the blazer out for a quick play in the mud. It surprised me with how well it did. We had ALOT of mud and even with street tires I never felt a loss of traction.

I'm interested in trails. Are there any IL trails near the springfield area?

And also, I read that removal of the front swaybar will help in the offroading segment. Mine squeeks. (That extremely common squeek that every blazer I have ever met has.) and if it is deemed unneccesary I would love to remove the squeeky thing!

zach

Old 10-06-2010, 09:59 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by aura1
Hello! I'm new to the whole blazer 4x4 scene, I own a couple hundred acres of farm land and last night I took the blazer out for a quick play in the mud. It surprised me with how well it did. We had ALOT of mud and even with street tires I never felt a loss of traction.

I'm interested in trails. Are there any IL trails near the springfield area?

And also, I read that removal of the front swaybar will help in the offroading segment. Mine squeeks. (That extremely common squeek that every blazer I have ever met has.) and if it is deemed unneccesary I would love to remove the squeeky thing!

zach
Man, if you owned some land near pekin I would be calling to get my blazer dirty... lol, I don't know of any real trails...

Old 10-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Starting Member
Blazn1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm up in the chicago area, and dont know of anything down in your area. You are welcome to join the illinois social group in your user cp though, might be someone in your area. We have 15 members and are planning a ralley in the state some day soon.

ILL
Gary

PS Wlorton is a dedicated group member

Old 10-07-2010, 08:02 AM
Banned
djerock is on a distinguished road

i wouldn't mind a road trip to come and ride on your land too..(maybe get a nice trail going) im from peoria and there is nothing around real close for trails that i have found yet.

Old 10-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by djerock
i wouldn't mind a road trip to come and ride on your land too..(maybe get a nice trail going) im from peoria and there is nothing around real close for trails that i have found yet.
I would offer my land for public use but it is literally 2 miles of dirt road with wide open farm land on both sides. No real trail possibilities there.

Would be a waste of a trip IMO for anybody more then 30 mins away. But if anybody wants some dirt road then be my guest!

Old 10-07-2010, 03:23 PM
Beginning Member

http://www.thecliffsinsaneterrain.com/

I believe I may have found one of the ONLY IL trails. Looks to be pretty decent in my opinion. Up north near chicago.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:43 AM
Banned
djerock is on a distinguished road

i been thinking of making a trip up there

Old 10-08-2010, 01:27 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by aura1
I would offer my land for public use but it is literally 2 miles of dirt road with wide open farm land on both sides. No real trail possibilities there.

Would be a waste of a trip IMO for anybody more then 30 mins away. But if anybody wants some dirt road then be my guest!

Depending on how much of a dirt road, and the drive, I might be down like a clown charlie brrr brrr brr brown...

Old 10-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Beginning Member

I will get a few pics up when the blazer gets back out of the shop. Sometime next week more then likely.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Starting Member
Blazn1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Been by there but not in there. There was a place on the illinois side of St Louis but moved into Missouri. I'm heading up to silver lake in MI tonight!

Quick Reply: IL trails?