Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

is it leagal?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 10:28 PM
flipzat is on a distinguished road
Default is it leagal?

hey was wondering is it legal to go off the road or is there certain place that are meant for it ?

Old 11-27-2009, 10:57 PM
myol blue4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

I do it as long as it isn't private property, unless I know the owners. Not to mention I have corn fields all around my property, so I trail ride close to home. But to answer your question, I wouldnt exactly call it legal, cops dont care for those who make trouble and destroy property... and there are places to wheel. Search on here for clubs or you could even google places specific to you area to wheel, hope that helps.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:24 AM
flipzat is on a distinguished road

yea , not going on private property ! lol

Old 11-28-2009, 01:33 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

there should be areas set aside for legal recreational vehicles. of those, llook for the ones that allow full sized trucks (not just utv/atv) and blam legal off road parks. Or just wheel like hell in national parks, county/state/province land. dont break down and you're good

Old 11-28-2009, 06:32 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Technically it's illegal everywhere that it isn't sanctioned by a group or organization (ie an organized off road club or trail). With that said, as long as you stick to well known trails and off of private property (like mentioned above) then you should have an issue.
I know down around here there are a bunch of trails that aren't really legal, but they aren't enforced in anyway. The further out of the city you get too the less they care.