Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

lifts

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 06:19 PM
mtone132000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default lifts

hey guys im new to these forums but i had a couple of questions,
i have a 1992 s10 4x4 and im going to sell my current car ('02 SVT focus) and start driving my blazer more because i just dont fit in my car (6'4") but i had a couple of questions about the lifts and the tire sizes that will fit with the lifts i want. I was lookin at getting a 2" body lift and a 2" suspension lift with 33x11.5x15 tires on it, what else should i purchase to make this work better and how big of a fender flare should i get (im getting fender flares regardles cuz they are just awesome looking) and for the final question, where can i find bumper mounts for the 2" body lift b/c i hate that gap the body lift causes between the bumper and the body

any and all answers will be appreciated thanks

Old 11-03-2007, 10:51 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default RE: lifts

I can relate to the height issue. I'm nearly 6'6" and I can't fit comfortably in any small car.

As far as I know, if you get the bodylift, you gotta watch your brake lines and your fuel gooseneck. Where do you plan on getting a set of flares from? If you find aftermarket flares, go with the 2".

Old 11-03-2007, 11:04 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

im not sure about clearance on the 1st gens but RCars2 has a 2" susp and 2" body lift with 33x12.5 and im pretty sure he had to trim his fenders quite a bit to fit the 33's

lol, i am also 6'6"

Old 11-03-2007, 11:17 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Well aint we some big ****-ers!!! The first gens did have a little more fender clearance than the 2nd gens. You still may have to trim a little.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:50 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

I can deffinitly relate to all you guys I'm 6'5 myself, alot height in here, lol. as far as the spacing issue for your front bumper what you can do if you have the tools is make the holes for the mount to the frame oval for adjustment or you can just make your own brakets which isn't hard with the right tools. One thing I am noticeing with all the body lift kits is that they all come with bumper brackets are you sure your's doesn't.

Old 11-04-2007, 08:01 AM
mtone132000 is an unknown quantity at this point

hahahah wow everyone here is tall!! ahaha but the body lifts ive been looking at didnt have the bumper brackets but i have metals again next semister so it wont be hard for me to make some new ones if need be, thanks for your help!

Old 11-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Johnkoch is an unknown quantity at this point

I was just lookin at this thread and it seems like eveyone that drives blazers are tall.Im 6'6 and only 17 so ya lol

Old 11-04-2007, 07:19 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

lol and young... i dunnno about thegr81 and mtone, but i'm 19 and i think brent (eurogold) is still in high school

Old 11-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Starting Member
YepIOwnA97Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

hah, im only 5'5"

Old 11-05-2007, 12:07 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

I'm an old man compared to all you youngster 19yr olds lol, you guys make me feel old im 25yrs. wow, but hey even at 19 yrs. you guys and girls know quite a bit. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Quick Reply: lifts