Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

A little stuck

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 06:25 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tibby
Yay for the G80 Locker Thog. Me too man. Kill it lol.

But once my new wheel bearings go out down the road, I'll need a new rear axle. . I either want another G80 or the zr2 8.5 to go in the back.
Go with the Zr2 axle man! I'd say it will be the perfect reason to get one.

Originally Posted by gatorboy44
You only weigh 120pounds? Dang i'm like 6'4" and 175 pounds lol and completely skinny as a rail. Last time I got high centered like that I put 2x4" wood strips underneath my rear tires and gave it just enough grip to slide it off lol
I'm 5' 1", and I look like I'm 16, (I'm 22) and it doesn't help with the ladys.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:25 PM
98BlazerT4X4 is on a distinguished road
Default stuck

You have probably seen these before but here is my worst one

valance went flying off

where my front tire hit the first time before it bounced and landed for good. There was no moving it except from a tractor. My buddy jumped off the bumper and sprained his ankle on the snow

Old 11-21-2011, 09:57 PM
gatorboy44 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Thogert
I'm 5' 1", and I look like I'm 16, (I'm 22) and it doesn't help with the ladys.
Heck it could always be worse lol. Being tall ain't anything special, all everyone wants is for you to play sports for them.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:29 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 98BlazerT4X4
You have probably seen these before but here is my worst one

Yep, a high-lift jack is on my list of things to buy, one of those would've helped us both.
Heck it could always be worse lol. Being tall ain't anything special, all everyone wants is for you to play sports for them.
I must say that people don't ask me to play sports very often.

Old 11-22-2011, 04:31 AM
DySfUnCtIoNaL is on a distinguished road

Try being tall & skinny, I'm 6' 2" and weigh 140LBS, at work it's "he's light, send him out there" or " he'll fit down in there"
Damn high metabolism..

Old 11-22-2011, 06:53 AM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Thogert, I have a suggestion for you. It won't ALWAYS work but it will help keep you from getting stuck.

1. Watch your lines, get out and look before you attempt an obstacle

2. MOMENTUM, that wouldn't have happened if you were moving fast enough, I understand go slow and don't break stuff believe me, but sometimes you gotta just give her some gas.

3. NEVER GO OUT WITHOUT A SECOND VEHICLE, wouldn't have had to wait for a buddy with a tow strap if you had a strap with you and a second vehicle :P

Old 11-22-2011, 09:27 AM
gatorboy44 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DySfUnCtIoNaL
Try being tall & skinny, I'm 6' 2" and weigh 140LBS, at work it's "he's light, send him out there" or " he'll fit down in there"
Damn high metabolism..
That was me up until about a year ago, I was about that same size but now I work out all the time(I'm still skinny like a rail and very tall like, 6'4"). I have that kind of metabolism that the more I eat, the more weight I lose, hope Thogert don't mind i'm sort of hijacking his thread lol.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:06 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Mike98Blazer
Thogert, I have a suggestion for you. It won't ALWAYS work but it will help keep you from getting stuck.

1. Watch your lines, get out and look before you attempt an obstacle

2. MOMENTUM, that wouldn't have happened if you were moving fast enough, I understand go slow and don't break stuff believe me, but sometimes you gotta just give her some gas.

3. NEVER GO OUT WITHOUT A SECOND VEHICLE, wouldn't have had to wait for a buddy with a tow strap if you had a strap with you and a second vehicle :P
Oh I realize all of those points are very true. But I saw a sign that said no trespasing so I hit the breaks right at the top and bam, stuck. I would love to have a second vehicle, but my dad doesn't want to take his titan out untill he gets his lift and tires on. I don't really have any friends with 4x4s. The closest has an s10, but it's only 2wd.
That was me up until about a year ago, I was about that same size but now I work out all the time(I'm still skinny like a rail and very tall like, 6'4"). I have that kind of metabolism that the more I eat, the more weight I lose, hope Thogert don't mind i'm sort of hijacking his thread lol.
Oh I don't care, it was dead there for a little while.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:10 PM
Banned
brendan127 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a 4-door fail. The 2-door would have gone right over.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:13 PM
BF Veteran

Yep, without a doubt.

Quick Reply: A little stuck