Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

make a 1988 s10 blazer a rock crawler

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Beginning Member
djramsay is on a distinguished road
Default make a 1988 s10 blazer a rock crawler

can i cut stuff off it and what tire size fits on it

Old 04-08-2009, 08:48 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I have moved this thread to the 'Off Roading' section where it may get more attention and deleted your second post. Please have patience and somebody will try to help you when they see the thread.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look around. Tim (hanr3) wrote up a nice post quite some time ago about what tires fit. He had a 2nd gen with only a t-bar crank that he fit 31" tires on, if I remember correctly. But as I recall, he had to do some trimming/beating.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Starting Member
Swain is an unknown quantity at this point

Depends if it is your daily driver? Just looking to turn a beater into a dirt cheap rock crawler?
Cut the fenders up, trim your front bumper, take the sway bars off, 2" Shackles, 3" body lift, 1.5" Tbar crank and run some 33" tires. Build some cheap aluminum diamond plate skid plates and have some fun!

Old 04-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Beginning Member

can you cut the top off a s10 1988 1 gen blazer

Old 04-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You can cut the top off of just about any full frame vehicle. You might want to add some more body supports in and/or make up a rocker box to support the door openings, but it is definitely do-able. All depends on your experience level.

Old 04-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Beginning Member

how do i do a t-bar lift

Old 04-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Starting Member

You turn the Tbar bolts, you should try searching for a bit nobody wants to take the time to tell you how to do everything if you dont want to take the 5 minutes it would take to search Tbar crank, and what size tire will fit. If you can't figure out how to lift using Tbars I don't forsee you building a rock crawler.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Beginning Member

well i look around and could not find how to lift

Old 04-12-2009, 09:07 AM
Starting Member

https://blazerforum.com/forum/showth...hlight=torsion

Just make sure you spend some time browsing the forum for how-to's and such before you start asking questions. Post some pictures of your truck and give some details on it helps as well. We need to know if it's your only vehicle that you drive everyday or if it's just a beater truck before we can tell you what you can cut off.

Quick Reply: make a 1988 s10 blazer a rock crawler