Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

MN wheelers? and various questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 07:24 AM
Beginning Member
CrazedCountryCav is on a distinguished road
Default MN wheelers? and various questions.

Hey guys,
I am new to this site as well as new to blazers. I have been searching around this site as well as s10forum.com for the last 2 weeks and have noticed not many guys from MN around. My 2000 BlaZeR I picked up for about 3k with 136k on it with a 6" superlift. I have not had a chance to even see the truck in person yet due to the fact I am deployed right now. I am looking forward to the little truck. Could someone tell me the normal faults that I may be looking at in a blazer with that mileage? Here is the URL to pictures of the truck. The truck need alittle cosmetic and rear suspension work.
NewBlaZeRCloseup.jpg picture by CrazedCountryCav - Photobucket

Old 03-12-2012, 10:57 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

There is thread on some of the more common faults so just give a search. Also, thank you for your service.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:09 AM
Park is on a distinguished road

Down here in the lovely northern suburbs of the twin cities, I average anywhere between 14 and 18mpg depending how much I get into the throttle or not. Though my little baby is a 98 4X4 4dr non-ZR2. Also depending on the care the previous owner took with the ZR2 start a special fund just for parts and repairs. Good luck and thanks for your service.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:12 AM
Beginning Member

Thanks DK and Park, Yeha already got acouple grand saved away for the truck and still have another month and a half or so to save some decent money. Solid axle here I come.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:11 AM
TDS-MN is on a distinguished road

Another MN member checking in, I'm also in the NW suburbs of the Twin Cities. Never had my Blazer off-road either really, I use mine as a daily driver to and from work mostly, but take it on road trip vacations most of the time, since my other vehicles are not a travel-friendly for various reasons. Never had any experience with the ZR2 2-door Blazers, but do liek the look of them, and based on the pic I see of your's it looks like a nice ride. Sounds like you are going to be doing some serious off-road/play with yours if you're thinking of the solid axle swap. I've read about it some, but have no real need for it myself.

I hope that when you do get to meet your Blazer, it is all that you hope. Good luck!

Old 03-13-2012, 01:12 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from MN, I am from the MPLS area as well, the jimmy has never been off road, Probably wont be, since its a very clean 93, fully loaded. and I am restoring it.
I think you will enjoy your Zr2 a lot

Old 03-14-2012, 04:59 AM
Beginning Member

TDS, I completely understand having other vehilces not being travel friendly. I have had many vehicles that definatly werent meant for road trips for various reasons. all the way from winter beater 89 sierra- 03 GLI VR6 that was my baby. One reason I decided on a blazer and not a fullsize SUV was how comfortable I remember them being. I know with the lift in it and possible SFA its gonna take alot of the comfort away.
Rich, I do love the looks of the 1st gen S10/S15 blazers and jimmy's. They are extremely fun with V8 swaps I know. Had a buddy that had a 92 2dr blazer with a 383 stroker in it. Not many vehicle have been able to almost make me s**t my pant but holy hell did that thing rip hard. he also had a 2nd 92 blazer with a 355 in it that was his drag truck. They are sharp vehicle when restored with subtle upgrades.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:24 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

They are awesome, Love the first gens, This one is fully loaded, leather, keyless entry, digi dash. the only real mod I am doing to it is LED tail light retrofit which I am working on now, and doing the bumper blinkers and corner markers in LED as well, I like the 4.3, and the one in the truck is still running strong, if it blows, might do a SBC.

Keep us updated on your zr2

Old 03-15-2012, 05:39 AM
Beginning Member

Well a quick update on the ZR2, I just ordered Pro Comp Rock Crawler Series 52 wheels (The American Racing wheels on it are hidious) and an energy suspension Sway Bar bushing kit that i will make into a quick disco. I am currently ready to pull the trigger fofr a herculiners kit for the frame, rockers, Fender Flares and bumpers. I am gonna be busy the first couple weeks after I get back from this s**t hole sandbox. I will start a build thread as soon as I get back and start digging into the truck.

Old 03-17-2012, 04:09 PM
Beginning Member

Lol, Kinda guessed not many MN guys... lol oh well

Quick Reply: MN wheelers? and various questions.