Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Mudding Snow Peak Oregon

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 01:24 AM
97OregonBlazer is on a distinguished road
Default Mudding Snow Peak Oregon

Me and my friend went up to snow peak, got muddy, had fun. I finally let myself have to much fun on this trip snapped my exhaust, broke the hangars and broke my front bumper lol. The exhaust broke because i went up a hill climb at a weird angle and sat on my hitch,

and my exhaust was dug in the ground, i could have easily backed up but my buddy just HAD to pull me out lol. as he yanked my blazer out with his lifted toyota t100 my exhaust broke off the hangars and bent in half. ended up snapping it off but its fine now. my license plate is now attached to my rola roof rack (i hope this is legal) other then that such a fun trip. heres the video of us just messin around.

Snow peak wheelin blazer and T100 - YouTube

Old 11-14-2011, 08:36 AM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks a like an awesome time.

Old 11-14-2011, 11:13 AM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Alright. Who failed at holding the camera the correct way?

But it looked very cold and wet... lol

Old 11-14-2011, 11:31 AM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

do you have a cold air intake? those were some pretty deep puddles lol hopefully your filter isnt toast.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
Alright. Who failed at holding the camera the correct way?

But it looked very cold and wet... lol
haha it was pretty cold out, snowy, rainy, and like 20 degrees haha. we just wanted to film really fast and get back in our trucks as fast as possible. it was fun, my engine is covered in dirt and i have stock intake. i let it sit for a bit and seemed fine.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:04 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Pssshhh, forget that, I'd be filming from inside the truck. lol

Old 11-14-2011, 03:20 PM

lol yeah we coulda done that also, never thought of it, we were cold and had our adrenaline goin after we hit some previous trails haha. but i was suprised i didnt hydro lock or anything before this video, because before my friend filmed this i was going through that muddy rut in 4lo at like 2mph just to see how it did, water was over my hood etc. im glad it survived

Old 11-18-2011, 07:51 AM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

looks like a really good time. wish there was a spot around me like that lol. surrounded by trees so all you hear is the roar of your own engine!!!! ahhhhh. gotta move up to northern wisconsin...

Old 11-18-2011, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by 97OregonBlazer
lol yeah we coulda done that also, never thought of it, we were cold and had our adrenaline goin after we hit some previous trails haha. but i was suprised i didnt hydro lock or anything before this video, because before my friend filmed this i was going through that muddy rut in 4lo at like 2mph just to see how it did, water was over my hood etc. im glad it survived
Eh, from my understanding Hydrolock happens when water is at the level of the air intake. You'd have to come into the puddle at a high speed for it to reach your intake in a large enough quantity to hydrolock. And it also depends on your intake set up.

At my husband's barracks back when he was a Marine, there was a valley in the road that created a small river when it rained. Laughed my butt off when an Eclipse decided he could make it through... totally Hydrolocked it because their intakes are low low LOW lol. Funny thing is, if he had common sense he could have taken the other road and bypassed it... but the don't call 'em Jarhead for nuttin. lol.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:44 AM

lol, and ive never had it happen to me or any of my friends so we have never worried to much about hydrolocking, we just hit **** hard and pray we make it through haha im just kidding on that part, only stuff i hit hard are puddles like that and thats it. trails im fine i never have to worry about bottoming out too much or hurting anything underneath ive got skid plates front to back but im sure some day those will break :/

Quick Reply: Mudding Snow Peak Oregon