Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

my off road rig

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 09:35 PM
jasonk282 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default my off road rig

So far i have a 2in suspension lift, 30x9.5x15, flowmaster series 40, K&N air filter. More mods to come.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13458/7226F9537C6F47CCA903071B7F7532A7.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-01-2009, 12:09 AM
Starting Member
greenjimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: my off road rig

not bad, one question, how come you didn't go with the 31? i am running no lift with 31 and i have a thrush welded 2 chambered muffler. she sounds great .

Old 01-01-2009, 03:02 PM

Money my friend, plus i needed the tires in a hurry as I did not pass insepection with my rear tread. 31's can be ran with no lift, but i had a hard time finding them and they were pretty expensive for what i found. So i went with the 30's going to be getting some spacers soon to get the agressive look.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:38 PM
Starting Member

yeah, 31 are pretty expensive b/c alot of trucks now a days run them stock. i got mine from a friend(50 for all 4)who didn't need them anymore b/c he is putting 33 km2 on his rig. thats why i am going to a 16" wheel so i can get a bigger tire for less money. spacers are nice, i wanted some too but b/c of the whell i am getting, i don't thing i will need one. how are the flowmasters?

Old 01-01-2009, 03:56 PM

I had put a flowmaster 40 on once i baught it 5 years ago. then i decieded that it was not LOUD enough so i went to a cherry bomb, which rusted out after about 3 years. Did what i could to fix it but nothing lasted. Went back to they flowmaster 40 this past summer. I have been impressed with the mufflers and the craftmanship for many years. Plus the local miekie can install them in less than a hour. I have seen other exhaust for the s10 series trucks and was not impressed with the sound at all.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Starting Member

same, i hated the sound that cam from gibson. i went with thrush b/c i was a lot cheaper than the flow 40s and i think it sounds better too. a little louder, much deeper sound, and when i blow the doors off someone, it scars the crap out of them. oh, and u can't hear it on the highway (big plus for me). i paid 20 bucks for everything too. so, how often do you wheel your rig?

Old 01-01-2009, 07:20 PM

I try to get out a few times a month. there is actually this place that is no tresspassing but the township uses it to dump dirt, so its gets plenty of muddy and puddles everwhere. i try to get down there after a good hard rain or snow. Other than that it might be when i go out hunting.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Starting Member

yeah, i try to go out and my truck dirty a few times during the month. i don't really like to go mudding thow. i've never been stuck, but it gets kida boring. i like to go trail riding. the picture i showed you happened a few days ago, my buds and i went on a 50 mile trail ride. wasn't really hard, but i like seeing the country side instead of going back and forth in the same hole that other go through. oh, and i also like rock crawling. itspretty phone to see the looks on ppls faces when they see a 4 door going up some rocks.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:33 PM

Never did trail riding, but i would love to. i love being out in the country. only trails that i ride would be when i go hunting.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Starting Member

yeah, my buds and i go to a park to wheel when we want to go trail riding. other than that, it is mostly mud holes around here.

Quick Reply: my off road rig