Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

new to this whole thing....

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Starting Member
Drifter666 is an unknown quantity at this point

dude you should get a 1st gen, my mom had a 01 and the 4wd modulator kept letting go also there is ALOT of plastic to be wary of. Another thing too if you go with the 1st gen you can get the manual 4wd which is better that that stupid push button crap and as for the subs, i have a pair of 12's in a ported box and i still have plenty of cargo room and as for bigger tires, get a body lift for like 100 bucks they are easy to install. For options id look for the posi rear, look in the glove box, there will be a paper on the bottom that lists all the options your truck has if my memory serves me right you will want to look for the codes "G80 and GU6" please correct me if i am wrong. But honestly either way you look at it blazers are great, my ex had a jeep Cherokee and it felt like i was driving a tipsy toy car i would never want to try it off road. Well i hope all of this info helps you in your choice and i hope you enjoy our forum and welcome from CT

Old 12-02-2009, 09:29 PM
blazinblazer1229 is on a distinguished road

thanks man i would get a first gen but i need a truck thats not just for wheelin, its also my daily driver for a while so i need something newer.

I also have 2 12" subs im going to get a ported box for them because the box i have in my trunk now is sealed and thats no good for the back of a suv.

thats why im only going with minimal work done to the truck but i totally under stand where your comming from with the manual 4wd vs the button.
once again thank you for the advise.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:18 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

[quote=blazinblazer1229;270641]thanks man i would get a first gen but i need a truck thats not just for wheelin, its also my daily driver for a while so i need something newer.

I also have 2 12" subs im going to get a ported box for them because the box i have in my trunk now is sealed and thats no good for the back of a suv.
quote]

i don't understand why so many people feel they have to drive a "newer" vehicle. the only reason i have my '98 is because it's near impossible to find a 1st gen that isn't completely taken over by cancer. unless you're like my youngest brother who picked up a '94 SLT 4 door 4WD Jimmy, in a 7.5/10 condition. little bugger............

as for the comment about the box, sorry, but you are so wrong. i had 2 12W6 JL's in a proper dimensioned sealed box, and you could clearly hear it 7 blocks away. it would hit 153 db's all day long.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:11 PM
blazinblazer1229 is on a distinguished road

i don't understand why so many people feel they have to drive a "newer" vehicle. the only reason i have my '98 is because it's near impossible to find a 1st gen that isn't completely taken over by cancer. unless you're like my youngest brother who picked up a '94 SLT 4 door 4WD Jimmy, in a 7.5/10 condition. little bugger............

as for the comment about the box, sorry, but you are so wrong. i had 2 12W6 JL's in a proper dimensioned sealed box, and you could clearly hear it 7 blocks away. it would hit 153 db's all day long.[/quote]

the reason why i feel i need a newer truck is becasue im getting this blazer from a dealer and the is no dealers around here that still have any first gen that are less than 100,xxx mile

also the subs that i have are not as good as jl w6's and the box i have is dimensioned for a trunk not the back of an suv and im no trying to argue but ported boxs are better for and open air area like the back of an suv

Old 12-03-2009, 10:30 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by blazinblazer1229
.............. im no trying to argue but ported boxs are better for and open air area like the back of an suv
that's your opinion-and you're entitled to it, so we'll just leave it @ that.

as for the 100K remark, are you saying all of the 1st gen's have over 100K? 'cause 100K is nothing, so long as it's been taken care of. and a quick listen to it (especially when stone cold) will tell you alot about the condition of the engine.