Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Nothing impressive, but it was fun.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 10:07 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default Nothing impressive, but it was fun.....

Well, I got bored today and drove up to an old strip mine by my house called Happy Ridge. It has been very very dry here lately so it wasn't extremely muddy, but when we get a good rain, this place is awesome! I had to go by myself tho.... so I don't have any "action" shots, just stuff I snapped from the drivers seat and standin outside of the blazer.... here ya go...

It is supposed to rain alot later this week, I will probably go back. However, I will be posting more pics soon because I have 3 more reclaimed strip mines to visit... Paul Coffee, Kirby Flatts, and Marsh Hill.....

Strip mines are a dime a dozen in KY.... and these four were owned by the International Coal Group out of Ashland, KY (my hometown).. if this name sounds familiar, it is the same compant that owned the Sago mine in WV where the explosion killed 12 miners not too long ago...

Old 07-22-2007, 01:04 AM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Nothing impressive, but it was fun.....

I like the sunset in the mirror! cool! looks like lots of fun!

Old 07-22-2007, 01:10 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

yea... i just wish my mirror was clean under the mud splatters...lol woulda made it better..

Old 07-22-2007, 02:24 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Yeah looks like that would be loads of fun with some rain. The important part is that as long as you have fun thats all that matters. Also nice pics, I really like the sunset in mirror one and a the Chevy ad one.

-Lenny

Old 07-22-2007, 12:01 PM
jimmyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

looks like that was fun. did you have to use your 4 wheel drive at all out there?

jimmyboy

Old 07-22-2007, 01:49 PM

on the 4th picture down I had to use it to get thru the water hole in the background... its alot deeper than it looks... and there were also some spots I didn't get on camera....

Old 07-22-2007, 01:58 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good times man. Makes me really wish it would rain here already so i can go muddin again. Like lenny i really liked that fifth picture there thats reminicent of just about every chevy truck ad ever, lol.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:24 PM
iceflames11 is on a distinguished road

It looks real nice out there! Glad you had fun. I did about the same thing this weekend, just in the woods and barely any rain.

Couple more picks coming to my gallery soon.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:00 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Nice looks like you did alright on getting it dirty. It has been too dry here lately and when it does rain I have been doing things for school/work. Maybe this weekend I will get out or some time in the evening once it rains. It has looked like it is going to rain all day and never has yet, w/e.

-Lenny

Old 07-24-2007, 09:53 PM
Millertime21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like a good time, I wish I had a spot like that nice and close to me to play around.

Quick Reply: Nothing impressive, but it was fun.....