Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Off road in Hammond IN

Old 09-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Starting Member
ejschultz is on a distinguished road
Default Off road in Hammond IN

I decided to do a little off roading between classes today. I took James out on a path off of a frontage road. All was well and it was a very easy road to navigate, one way. On the way back, I assumed that the dips would be the same. Turns out that was a very false assumption. I bottomed out the entire front end of my truck. There was no damage at all, at least nothing immediately noticeable. Hopefully nothing more comes of it. All in all, it was a fun time despite the minor (hopefully) incident.

I don't have any pics of the mud I got on James; my camera is non existent as of now...

Old 09-02-2009, 09:27 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

Whered u go in hammond? Off of cline ave? I live in lansing and used to live in hammond

Old 09-02-2009, 09:35 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by abig84 View Post
Whered u go in hammond? Off of cline ave? I live in lansing and used to live in hammond
There's a frontage road that connects Kennedy and Cline. There's a little dirt path that cuts across the field that's on the Kennedy side.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:48 PM
BF Veteran

where the apartments used to be? i know that area well. i used to do some offroading on the other side of kennedy behind the wendys and that motel. wasnt anything to exciting though. i do some carp fishin in that river also.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:41 AM
Starting Member
Blazn1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Go to 126th and Ave O (Burnham Ave) across from wolf lake! I had my jeep in there earlier this year, Coal Hills.....

Old 09-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Starting Member

where the apartments used to be? i know that area well. i used to do some offroading on the other side of kennedy behind the wendys and that motel. wasnt anything to exciting though. i do some carp fishin in that river also.
Yes. It wasn't too exciting either, just something to kill some time between classes. I'll check out what's behind Wendy's the next time it's my turn to drive.

Originally Posted by Blazn1 View Post
Go to 126th and Ave O (Burnham Ave) across from wolf lake! I had my jeep in there earlier this year, Coal Hills.....
I may go and check that out. My 4 wheel drive isn't working right now so I don't want to do anything that's too much. I don't want to get stuck somewhere.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:31 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
Yes. It wasn't too exciting either, just something to kill some time between classes. I'll check out what's behind Wendy's the next time it's my turn to drive.

just turn at the light and follow the road around to the north... might want to check it out on a sunday though they are doing construction back there on the little calumet river. i havent been back there for a few years

heres a pic i took from back there years ago

Old 09-03-2009, 01:58 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

Use to live on State Line Rd in Cal City. I know Hammond area as well. I miss State Line Pizza and Italian Beef Sandwiches. Now live in Biloxi MS.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Starting Member

just turn at the light and follow the road around to the north... might want to check it out on a sunday though they are doing construction back there on the little calumet river. i havent been back there for a few years

heres a pic i took from back there years ago

How many years back is that? That looks like it's where the bike trail is now. The bike trail has been there for probably 10+ years now. You've got the railroad tracks on the west side of the trail and the 80/94 is north of it. That looks like exactly where you're at except it's paved.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Starting Member

Wait, is that north of the Little Calumet river or south of it? The bike path doesn't go past it for now. In any case, that's too muddy for my non working 4 wheel drive Jimmy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Off road in Hammond IN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.