Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Off roading....STUCK.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 11:16 AM
Starting Member
DaveC is on a distinguished road
Default Off roading....STUCK.

So I was bored waiting for a friend to get off work so I figured I would go out to kilaly for some off roadin to kill the time. The only problem with snow is that you cant see whats underneath and its been a lil warmer recently and i ended up on some ice that couldnt hold my truck and with all the melt it was just mud underneath. at least this time i could get out with a few yanks from a fellow jimmy owner (londonmazda).

Enjoy at my expense lol.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:52 AM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

Those are some healthy ruts.. Glad you got out ok.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:59 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

is this a repeat of the other week Dave?

do you call up londonmazda before each of your outings?

this place is gonna get destroyed in the Spring when we all roll in there, you know that right?!?

*NOTE* this is obviously a "figure of speach" people, i wouldn't condone the destruction of public property/trails/play grounds, especially having a BF decal on any of our trucks. that would lead to so much hassle for everyone on here. so need for anyone to get bent outta shape.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:53 PM

What is a "speach"? That's a new one on me!! Roflmao

Old 01-19-2010, 01:37 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

huh???

damn cold finger's & gloves (my furnace is out, it's onlt 58* in here)

"figure of speech"

is that b-b-b-betttter now?

Old 01-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Starting Member

getting the lift in this friday got some rachos for the truck so i can install the shackles and control the front rebound better now that the torsions are gonna be cranked.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
huh???

damn cold finger's & gloves (my furnace is out, it's onlt 58* in here)

"figure of speech"

is that b-b-b-betttter now?
Sorry to hear, I hope you get it fixed soon. Having no heat really sucks.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:52 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Sweet pics!!
Damn, I can't wait to see what that lift looks like installed. How much lift will you get from it?

Old 01-20-2010, 12:22 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Sisk
Sweet pics!!
Damn, I can't wait to see what that lift looks like installed. How much lift will you get from it?
the shackles are a 2.25" lift in the rear and i plan on turning the front sway bar bolts 6.5 turns for a 1.625" lift in the front currently the truck sits slightly leaned back now with exaclty 4" of fender gap from the top of the 31" tires to the front fender and only 3.75" in the rear. so when its all said and done i should be 5.625" gap in the front and a 6"gap in the rear it will have a slight forward rake with almost .5" higher gap in the rear

Last edited by DaveC; 01-20-2010 at 10:33 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:33 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by 96Blazernut
Sorry to hear, I hope you get it fixed soon. Having no heat really sucks.

yup, all better now. and i'm kinda used to the lack of heat (@ least on the floor of my Blazer anyways)

@ Dave: that extra 1/2 inch in the rear probably won't even be noticable. but @ least it'll give you a little more for when you load it up with gear.

on a side note, you goin' playing with london on Saturday?

Quick Reply: Off roading....STUCK.