Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Oh the control of it!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough
Default Oh the control of it!!!

so yesterday there was an accident en route to my way home from work. I'm sitting on this road thats one lane in either direction and I cant change course. I sat there for a moment until i realized "hey I own a truck with 4x4 now... HMM" and looked harder, on my right was this mess of muddy holes, water and grass... so I threw it in 4x4 and plowed through it... the guy behind me in his lexus truck just sat there... like "im not gonna get MY truck dirty"... once I was 3/4 around the accident the cop just looked at me and I got panicked! I thought he was going to give me a ticket until he yelled out, if you wanna get your car that dirty, more power to ya and waved me on! hahaha!!! So I was over the bridge I needed and home in no time... straight into a car wash! [&:]

Old 05-02-2006, 05:54 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Oh the control of it!!!

Ha! Sounds like fun. Around here you've gotta watch out for stuff like that. Private land and you will be issued a ticket. Public = no one even cares.

Old 05-02-2006, 06:12 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough

oh yeah it wasnt private. was just swamp road on the sides, no shoulder. Was funny to see the guy in the lexus behind me though with a shocked look! I think some girl in a honda accord tried to follow but got too nervous.

Old 05-02-2006, 06:13 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, don't think a civic + swamp = fun for the driver and passengers (if any)! LOL. Would be fun for all of the passers by though!

Old 05-02-2006, 06:27 PM
Retired Super Moderator

hahahah! it was a four door accord but still, it wouldnt have made it at all. right now my white truck is all brown across the bottom, im gonna get it washed on the way home but seriously... i wish i had a camera today!

Old 05-02-2006, 07:33 PM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

Nice job Dory!!!!

Old 05-02-2006, 09:54 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

That's cool that the cop gave you a thumbs up on it.

Old 05-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Administrator

LOL. This cop probably would have let you go too:

Old 05-03-2006, 11:49 AM
Retired Super Moderator

ahahahh! Thats classic!!!! Too damn funny. Today I dont have my baby here... twice a month I go to PA for work and I rent a car to do so. I refuse to put 250 miles round trip, twice a month on my car... basically killing it. I already killed one car doing that, I wont do two. They dont pay for repairs, tires, just gas and tolls. So instead now they pay for a rental. Did I mention that a 2006 Subaru Legacy is actually a fun little car to drive?

Old 05-03-2006, 12:24 PM
MCas86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Take the subaru through a mudhole...shes got AWD....haha bet it would be mad fun too... i think if i wouldve gone around an accident like that i woulda gotten a ticket, the cops were d*cks when i rode my fourwheeler on the road so im assuming they'd be the same if i flipped it around and drove my car offroad either private or public unless i had permission.

Quick Reply: Oh the control of it!!!