Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Oil pan skid plates?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Beginning Member
pipedreams96 is on a distinguished road
Default Oil pan skid plates?

So i have a 2 door 96. little lift some tires blah blah blah. lol. i have the aluminum front and trans skid plates. however that didnt help me to much when a rock went threw the oil pan in my old engine . now that the new engine is in im lookin to find some protection for that. however i cant seem to find anything anywhere. boguht a set of plates off a 4 door but no possible way to make them work. atleast not the oil pan one. ive searched google and everywhere. . . .

anyone know where to get these or any information? my welder blows and my work doesnt wanna see my truck inside the garage ever again lol.

any help?

Old 03-29-2010, 09:07 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

I don't know if it will help but did you try LMC.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:48 PM
Beginning Member

ok so i do have the skid plate that they sell on lmc, i got it in the group with the other ones. however it looks like there is a braket or two i need in order to use it. they are showin 22 dollars a side plus 2 bucks for the bolts. anyone on here got anything they wanna sell me? lol

oh and forgot to say thanks DKSDAD

Old 03-29-2010, 10:21 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

why wouldn't the skid plate off a 4 door fit your 2 door? they're the same frame/etc. under there.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Beginning Member

honestly never looked under a 4 door, that just what the guy told me. and i didnt know i needed brackets so i assumed it was something to do with the differences in the two vehicles.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:15 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Last time I checked 2 doors and 4 doors were the same from the drivers seat forward. There were some minor differences in the years but its nothing you can't make work easily.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:44 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

sorry brother, i kinda dropped the ball last night. it hit me this morning just after 6, while i was on my way into work.

if your truck never had the complete skid plate package on it originally, you probably don't have the brackets on the lower front diff mounts, which is where the side of the skid plate bolts to.

last i checked, these were still available @ GM.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:12 PM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

i made mine out of 1/4 inch galvanized steel L brackets I bought at menards for $3 each. Already had the holes & everything just had to trim them down.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:55 PM
99blaz is on a distinguished road

Yea i ran into the bracket problem last weekend when I took the skid plates off a zr2 I never got the brackets, I gotta go back this weekend and get them off the zr2, hopefully they didnt crush it yet lol.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:08 PM
Beginning Member

does anyone have any way of getting pictures so i can see kind of the brackets i need/ need to make? haha i appreciate all the replies

Quick Reply: Oil pan skid plates?