Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Pennsylvania OFF ROADING

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 04:32 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I wish...

Old 04-19-2010, 04:53 PM
Beginning Member
manekDC2_ is on a distinguished road

i have a question - you cranked your tbars... the place i took my 4dr to get aligned said that if i did that it would throw my alignment off too much?? im looking to get about 2 inches more of lift... all i am running is the PA 2" body lift...

any suggestions... AAL in the rear? or there any places i can just get brand new leafs with one already added in.. also do i need to buy new Torsion Keys??? and if so what would you recommend.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:19 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

the easiest way to lift the rear is to get longer shackles. I have my tbars cranked around 2 inches and I've gotten an alignment no problem. the only thing you will have to worry about is your front end working parts wearing out. I had to replace my wheel hubs so far.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:47 AM
Beginning Member
manekDC2_ is on a distinguished road

why would this cause extra strain on the wheel hubs? i dont really need to lift the rear... im looking for about 1.5 to 2" more in the front... im fitting 31.5" tires right now and i just looked under the truck lastnite and the bolt on my keys are sticking all the way out... i think i could get the clearance im looking for if i crank them....

is that all you do is tighten the bolt that is sticking out... sorry i know i could search but i feel its faster to just ask you...

Old 04-20-2010, 10:38 AM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, all you have to do is crank the bolts -- but it is recommended that you mark it before you start, so that if you ever have to readjust or take it back down, you'll know where it was before.

The main thing that gets stressed by the torsion bar crank is the ball joints. If you've never replaced them, I'd suggest just replacing them ASAP once you do the turn. Please understand that when Blazer ball joints break, you DO NOT WANT to be driving on the highway. This is the voice of experience, of one who was nearly killed when this happened! If I'm scaring you, then GOOD! This is one part that should be replaced BEFORE it breaks. And afterwards, you should always check them periodically. If there is ever any up and down play in the wheels, it's time to replace them.

And I had rear shackles on my Blazer. You can get them here. The site is run by a BF member. And I will be in PA this weekend. Hope to see ya there. I will be driving the dark grey Silverado.