Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Please be courteous on the trails.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 11:45 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about
Default Please be courteous on the trails.

So I was out for a night trail-ride and of course me and another traveler met at a place that is too narrow to pass. So I decided to back up since I knew about 500 yards back there was a place to pass.

Now of course this occoured on a trail that was about 10 feet wide and at the top of a cliff. So since it was night and we have the tint on the back window, I couldn't see anything behind me.

I tried opening the window and that helped for ~20 seconds untill I hit a rock and it closed on it's own. So now I am backning down the trail not being able to see.

Anyway, I make it down and pass him and then I get about 50 yards past where we met and the trail widens to wider than where we passed each other (I couldn't see this due to the slight curve around the cliff wall). W. T. F. Not cool man. It would have been far easier for him to back up for 30 seconds than it was for me to go halfway down the trail.

So I guess what I'm saying is just be courteous to others on the trails. I really didn't need that extra stress of trying not to die on a casual ride.

Old 10-20-2011, 04:56 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

I've run into situations like that while wheeling myself. I always try to be the bigger man and be courteous and helpful but not everyone thinks like me.

2 things to help next time in that situation, 1 Put two rearward facing utility/off road lights wether on your bumper or roof rack. and 2, always wheel with multiple vehicles when possible.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:30 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, I've been thinking of putting my fogs on the back because my hids are so bright you can't even tell they are on but I know as soon as I do it will get foggy and the bright blue/white light will make that a problem to see.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:07 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

ha. kinda reminds me of that IRT deadliest roads where all the car has to do is back up 20 feet and he gets right up on the truck trying to make him back up.

i thought the bigger truck with the bigger tires usually has the right away

Old 10-22-2011, 02:16 PM
BF Veteran

He had the bigger truck, but still.

Old 10-23-2011, 12:26 AM
Starting Member
Bigringtravis is on a distinguished road

CB radio. I feel so disconnected without one.

Just a thought.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:25 AM
Starting Member
jaked up is on a distinguished road

iv met a few other people out on the trail not on the side of a clif tho ether way what has happened to me in the past is the bigger beffer truck pulls to the side to let the smaller one pass

Old 01-31-2012, 12:32 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

I hate to say it, but that is the American way. No respect. But I eventually need to get some rear facing lights myself. I wanted to incorporate them in the bumper somehow. Still haven't figured out where though. Maybe the roof is the best option. I'm hoping to find a roof basket on craigslist this summer to make it easier to stick lights on. We will see.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:34 AM
BF Veteran

I have my rear facing lights now, but they need some hids I think.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:36 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by Thogert
I have my rear facing lights now, but they need some hids I think.
You got a pic of your rears? (No pun)

Quick Reply: Please be courteous on the trails.