Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Poll: How many curbs do you hop?

Old 05-11-2010, 05:29 PM
shligger is on a distinguished road
Default Poll: How many curbs do you hop?

Just how many times do you flex your truck's muscles? When you turn into the wrong parking lot, do you turn around or hop over to the next lot?

I'll hop curbs when I'm frustrated and having trouble locating an area. Generally, this has only happened a few times but I'm no hesitant to do so. So several times over several months.

(I don't know how to set up an actual poll, sorry.)

Old 05-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

Daily when dropping my son off at work lol I stop at the gas station right next door to his work get smokes, gas w/e then drive right over the the concrete parking stop into the parking lot for his work.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Starting Member
97Bravada is on a distinguished road

when ever i got to the local wal-mart i just hop the curb/sidewalk into the parking lot because they have it set up w/ a bunch of pointless turns to get in it normally. much easier,does get reactions lol..i once was asked by a women if i was safe to drive cuz of it. oh and the one time i wasnt payin attention in a near by city and went down a 1 way street..had to hopp the curb and drive accross a lil lawn to get into a parking lot to turn around,got some odd looks that time. AWD ftw

Old 05-11-2010, 06:26 PM
The_Beast is on a distinguished road

Almost never, Wisconsin doesn't have a lot of curbs

Old 05-11-2010, 11:16 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i'd say 7 days a week-maybe even more frequent than that!

when i get my coffee @ work (Monday thru Friday), i go over this island,

hey, it saves me waiting 2 lights to make a left, then going thru the gas station to come back thru the lights, and finally make a right into the Tim's-that is literally to my immediate left in the pic above.

and any time i'm @ Wally World, i usually just cross over the islands (and between the trees) along the driveway leading into the parking lot, so i just end up in a parking spot. hey, the grass hasn't been layed yet (new store) so i'm not really tearing anything up.

and any day (during the week) that i'm not working, i usually just go into the parking lot besibe my Tim's, and pull into 1 of the 3 spots right @ the end of the drive thru. that way i can just drive over the parking stone & out the drive thru exit when i leave.

anyone up here can attest to the chaos in a Tim's parking lot during the morning rush.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by The_Beast
Almost never, Wisconsin doesn't have a lot of curbs
But I'm in Wisconsin! I live in the southern portion so most curbs are near parking lots.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:04 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I do it whenever I get the chance. I love to see people's reactions. the best is at the local sonic instead of backing out I'll drive over the curb through the tan bark to the gas station on the other side

Old 05-12-2010, 07:22 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

I also sometime jump curbs. All the time in winter cant tell where drive ways, or entrance's to parking lots are.

Also how many Wisconsin members do we have? I thought it was only me and 88s10blazer.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:23 PM

When I was looking for my first vehicle, I drove a lot of machines that the Wisconsin winter would've laughed at. I needed a cheap vehicle with cargo space that still looked nice for under 3 grand. That was a tall order as it excluded everything with a four cylinder. I drove some minivans, station wagons and sedans. The wagons and minivans, while reputable (Sable wagon, Pontiac Trans Sport,) were something my dad said he didn't want me driving and I agreed. I had the nightmare of driving a beat up '94 Ford Explorer, V6 option. It was the slowest machine I ever drove, it idled rough and the wheel had nearly 180 degrees of play. Someone was mean to it.

I eventually came to the Blazer. It was decked out with all features for the model year and retained a low price because of it's high mileage (163,000.) When winter rolled around, there were times I couldn't have pulled through without a truck.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Joemakerman is on a distinguished road

I honestly have never done this, never even thought about it. But I must say, it sounds like a damn good idea!

-Joe

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Poll: How many curbs do you hop?