Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Post Your Snow Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 03:24 PM
BLZR1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Post Your Snow Pics!

It is custom, like the ORI(?) prerunner style bumpers you can buy, but this one is a lot beefier. It's welded to the tow hooks and bolted to my stock bumper (which I took the valence off)

Old 01-27-2009, 10:10 AM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

nice fab work on your bumper!

Old 01-27-2009, 02:56 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 01-27-2009, 07:14 PM

I had JCR Offroad in Kalamazoo build my bumper cause i've got no bender. I just welded on the side bars that bolt to the bumper. I aint taking thecredit for that puppy, but thankJCR fer the fabwork

Old 01-27-2009, 10:56 PM

do you live in kalamazoo? i've got family that live around there.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:40 AM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

BLZR1: Cool bumper! One quick suggestion - you might want to cover those wires with that accordion-like tubing. (Not sure what the exact name of it is.) You can get it at your local parts store for just a couple of bucks. I use it for any wiring that might be exposed to the elements.

We just got hit by an ice storm last night, so here are a couple more pix...

Old 01-28-2009, 09:46 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Ice sucks! I will have to get some pictures of my house when I get home from work today. We got 4" over night and are expecting another 5-10" before 10PM tonight!

I also want to get the Blazer out of the garage tonight so I can do some rewiring on the ceiling. Open headers should sound nice!! LMAO!

Old 01-28-2009, 11:39 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Get a video

Old 01-28-2009, 05:24 PM

do you live in kalamazoo? i've got family that live around there.
Yes, I do live in Kalamazoo

BLZR1: Cool bumper! One quick suggestion - you might want to cover those wires with that accordion-like tubing. (Not sure what the exact name of it is.) You can get it at your local parts store for just a couple of bucks. I use it for any wiring that might be exposed to the elements.
Yeah, I call that stuff flex tubing, but that's just me. I had it on there, as well as all my other wires, it's just that i was in the process of taking the lights off to clean them up cause they get moisture on the inside cause they're cheap, and that is why the wires were exposed to the intense elements, of michigan. I took some pics to give you guys the idea of how it was made. but hanks fer looking out for me tho

Old 01-30-2009, 12:27 AM

well ya see, my friend got his truck stuck in a ditch, so i whent out to pull him out. i would have gotten him up but the thing is... ice = NO TRACTION, so i ended up in the ditch right behind him =] fun night. have some good pics, but they're too large to upload =[.

Quick Reply: Post Your Snow Pics!