Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Rescuer becomes rescuee.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Starting Member
JS_blazer is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Rescuer becomes rescuee.

Well today I was coming home from school and I see a van on the side of the road with flat tire. I turn around to go help and when I go to stop I see that it is a family friend.

So I put on my right blinker to turn off the road and slowed down to about 10mph. I go to turn on what I though was just pinestraw (it happened to be slick mud, water, then pinestraw) and I began to slide into the woods. I was heading for a pole on the side of the road, so I begin to brake and slow down. Well, as I stopped a foot away from the pole, my blazer began to tip to the right, so I threw it in reverse and turned my wheels to the right and floored it. This dug my tires in an inch or two, enough to keep me from tipping. So I'm sitting here asessing the situation; I'm 20 feet from where I tried to stop, I'm in 3 inch mud, my blazer is stuck (I tried 4wd and everything, my tires just dug in more), its pouring down rain, and its around 50 degrees.

So I get out and begin to help him change his wifes tire and my neighbor, who has a 3500 HD stops and asks if everything is alright. I tell him I'm stuck, so he pulls up infront of me and proceeds to pull me out. I walk back to where I was stuck to see what it looked like.

The bottom of my tire was around 9 inches below the top of the mud and he told me my front tire was 4 inches off the ground.

All in all, I tried to help someone, but had to be helped myself.

Oh, and sorry guys, no pics. It was raining to had to get the phone out.

Last edited by JS_blazer; 12-02-2009 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 12-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Starting Member
86Blazer327 is an unknown quantity at this point

Time for some mud grips!

Old 12-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Starting Member

mud grips?

Old 12-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Starting Member
86Blazer327 is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol . I am laughing a little at your expense. Dont take it personally. Mud terrain tires = Mud grips

Old 12-02-2009, 05:12 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

LOL. nice move digging in to avoid the tip!

That could have gone bad wrong in a hurry

Old 12-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by 86Blazer327
Lol . I am laughing a little at your expense. Dont take it personally. Mud terrain tires = Mud grips
*cough* blonde moment. yes, I do need some.

and ABN31B, yes it could've. The only reason I did what I did was because my buddy and I were talking about tipping and what not, and established it was a smart move to do that if you began to tip.